How are your zoom meetings going?

Big Corp. Started exclusively on Skype several years ago, migrating over to Teams, which is the current vehicle of choice. Both have their issues. We have not authorized Zoom as a platform as yet.  

Virtually all workers are operating from remote, typically home, locations. 90% of the meetings are set for 30 mins. If properly run, that is usually sufficient. Anything over an hour is very rare and almost always inefficient. Video on is rare but increasing.

we use Teams. i find it easier and more conducive to "business" type of meetings than GoToMeeting or Zoom. If i dont need to share info on a 2 person call, we're using something called a telephone...

for group meetings we're trying to keep it to 30 minutes and if it spills longer, no big deal.

I was on a 4 hours call with a supplier. It was brutal and i wound up cleaning my desk and organizing things for much of the meeting. All presentations, no interactions. Brutal!

Until now working from home is second to none for me, the past year I have been working a awefull lot and maybe 10 days at home, all the other days at the office. I work at a company which is deemed as essential by officials and therefor the rules of staying and working at home could be easily broken. To be honest I would not want to work from home permanently.

Once a week we have a stand up meeting via teams which doesn't take longer than 15 minutes and where ppl have to wave in teams to be unlocked from mute. Further communication runs via normal channels and a whatsapp chat group.

Just remember to properly use your mute button. I muttered " Christ" under my breath thinking it was on during my team meeting  last week....

Using Teams at work.  Sessions go for 30-60 minutes. Hardly anyone uses video.  We've almost eliminated all of our Telecom conferences bridges as result.  Teams gives us more flexibility and costs less per minute. 

• Like 1