Kenfessions: Tres Hermanos Short Gordito (No. 4) – Ayala No 7 2007.

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 11:55 PM, Ken Gargett said:

thanks guys. always fun to do. 

And bloody fun to read, mate. I've been enjoying you guys' video reviews since only a year or two after you started making them. Only just now have I stumbled upon your Kenfessions. I often find myself fully agreeing with you, and when it comes to these stubby little chodes that cigar companies are pumping out now I certainly do. This bit at the beginning of the review cracked me right up:

"
Honestly, my first impression was that I was at the dentist. It feels like your gob has been wedged open and something bad is about to happen."

Brilliant. Your cigar reviews once lead me to buy a full box blind online from Geneva based purely on the box code. They were Punch Royal Selection from MGT ABR 07. They were incredible cigars and just as you'd described. I already felt your tasting notes were solid but ever since then I've trusted your FOHtv cigar reviews over any other youtube reviews...even despite the incessant bickering.

I've also wondered if you've ever tried a Padrón 2000 maduro or even a Family Reserve 44 or 50 (natural wrapper)? I'd be fascinated to hear your thoughts on those Nicaraguan cigars. I've been exploring new worlds a lot more lately. Though I've not found anything that really floored me, the 2000 maduros are really unique and superb for the price. They'll really clear your sinuses too. The FR 44 and 50 naturals are expensive but a really good example of just how delicious Nicaraguan blends can be - certainly the best Family Reserves of all the ones I've tried. On the whole though, I've still not found anything as great as really good examples of the best Havanas.

1 hour ago, AusDyer said:

And bloody fun to read, mate. I've been enjoying you guys' video reviews since only a year or two after you started making them. Only just now have I stumbled upon your Kenfessions. I often find myself fully agreeing with you, and when it comes to these stubby little chodes that cigar companies are pumping out now I certainly do. This bit at the beginning of the review cracked me right up:

"
Honestly, my first impression was that I was at the dentist. It feels like your gob has been wedged open and something bad is about to happen."

Brilliant. Your cigar reviews once lead me to buy a full box blind online from Geneva based purely on the box code. They were Punch Royal Selection from MGT ABR 07. They were incredible cigars and just as you'd described. I already felt your tasting notes were solid but ever since then I've trusted your FOHtv cigar reviews over any other youtube reviews...even despite the incessant bickering.

I've also wondered if you've ever tried a Padrón 2000 maduro or even a Family Reserve 44 or 50 (natural wrapper)? I'd be fascinated to hear your thoughts on those Nicaraguan cigars. I've been exploring new worlds a lot more lately. Though I've not found anything that really floored me, the 2000 maduros are really unique and superb for the price. They'll really clear your sinuses too. The FR 44 and 50 naturals are expensive but a really good example of just how delicious Nicaraguan blends can be - certainly the best Family Reserves of all the ones I've tried. On the whole though, I've still not found anything as great as really good examples of the best Havanas.

many thanks. much appreciated.

we have done a few non-cubans but not many. i guess not the place. and i am at the mercy of my betters when it comes to the selection.