Vigilant In-Wall Humidor

mrfourpointo

• 6 months later...

I have finally gotten around to pursuing this project. I am currently renovating my bar area and I am having Vigilant build an in-wall unit for that space. It will be similar to their standard offerings, but customized for my specific size requirements. The finished unit will be roughly 30" x 72" x 8.5". Their first step is a deposit to complete the design work. I'll trade to keep this updated on the process and ultimately my review of the finished product. While I have seen good reviews of Vigilant overall, I haven't found much specific to this design. So, I guess I'll throw out what I can for anybody else contemplating this in the future.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So.....I've been slow to update, but here we go.

Step 1 - I received a general estimate based on approximate sizes. This estimate also has the cost of several optional items, including interior Spanish Cedar upgrade and LED lighting.

Step 2 - $300 for design fee. This amount gets credited back to your order if you actually purchase the humidor. I feel like this is more than fair given that someone will have to spend time and resources to make a specific design for you. I don't know if there is a design fee if you order one of their standard cabinets.

Step 3 - About a week after paying the design deposit, I received an updated estimate that was more specific, and also included the CAD design of the humidor (attached for your viewing pleasure). At this point, I had some detailed design questions regarding trim measurements and lighting. These were geared toward ensuring the humidor matched existing cabinetry, lighting color and home automation, and fitment. My sales consultant always responded within 24 hours with good answers. I also re-measured my rough opening and realized that I had sent them one bad measurement. After sending the correct measurement, I received a new design about a week later (also attached). I had some more questions regarding the new design and the circulation fans. She again was always quick to respond and provided me additional details on the fans (see attached). I also decided to specify a custom stain color so that the humidor matches existing cabinetry.

Step 4 - Sign and date the design for approval and pay a 50% deposit on the humidor. I placed my order on April 16.

The timeline gets off here because of USPS. Vigilant requested a stain sample in order to match. I sent the sample and, naturally, the package got lost. A 3 day shipment turned into a month and I am still surprised that it eventually showed up in New Hampshire. They finally received the sample on 7/12.

Step 5 – Two weeks later (today) I received a notification that my humidor is in the final stages of production. The remaining balance will be charged today and “When your order ships, you’ll receive a paid in full invoice email that will contain the freight carrier and tracking information for your records.”

I’ll try my best to update sooner!

Humidor CAD 1.png

Humidor CAD 2.png

Circulation Assist Fan (1).png

• Like 4