NFL 2020 Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Bills are looking pretty good so far! Josh Allen looks like he turned a corner in year 3...and it doesn't lead to a cliff

Congrats Brian (Viva Vegas) on 16/16 in round two  Sampler coming your way!   Reminder to MoeFOH that he is expected to win this competition and save me from paying out a winners prize.

I will never forget as a kid watching Scott Norwood miss that field goal. Every time I see one I think of the bills!  Sorry for memory. 

Congrats Brian (Viva Vegas) on 16/16 in round two :clap:

Sampler coming your way!

Reminder to MoeFOH that he is expected to win this competition and save me from paying out a winners prize. Coming 2nd isn't going to cut it :cofcig:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Reminder to MoeFOH that he is expected to win this competition and save me from paying out a winners prize. Coming 2nd isn't going to cut it :cofcig:

:rotfl:Don't hold your breath. Have no idea how I'm even that high up. Expect results to fall off a cliff imminently.

Just now, Smatthews607 said:

Really wish this was posted last week, so that I would have been reminded that I need to put my picks in. Not that I would have done any better, but one can always hope.

I get a reminder form the site 2 days prior :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, GotYaGoat said:

My Bills are looking pretty good so far! Josh Allen looks like he turned a corner in year 3...and it doesn't lead to a cliff

Really looking forward to playing your Bills 2x this year. Should be close and competitive!

39 minutes ago, Hoepssa said:

Several teams are going to "Tank for Trevor" ...

The Texans don't tank for anyone. They just plain suck.

This season certainly has not started as expected for my Eagles. I fear that our defense is taking the CDC social distancing guidelines a little too seriously. I am not sure that you need to provide 6 yards of social distance when trying to cover a receiver. And the offense seems a little ugly right now. Might be a long season...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Smatthews607 said:

This season certainly has not started as expected for my Eagles. I fear that our defense is taking the CDC social distancing guidelines a little too seriously. I am not sure that you need to provide 6 yards of social distance when trying to cover a receiver. And the offense seems a little ugly right now. Might be a long season...

Feel your pain. Glad I haven’t had time to sit and watch the games. Just listened on the radio. 

6 minutes ago, Cjake75 said:

Feel your pain. Glad I haven’t had time to sit and watch the games. Just listened on the radio. 

I can only imagine what Merrill has sounded like calling the games. Might have to mute the national coverage and listen to him on the radio.

Just now, Smatthews607 said:

I can only imagine what Merrill has sounded like calling the games. Might have to mute the national coverage and listen to him on the radio.

He’s sounds half depressed and half amazed at how horrible they are. Never listened to a game that I can remember to melt down the way they did. 

1 hour ago, GotYaGoat said:

Having seen them lose 4 SB in a row as a child I hope to see them win 1 in my lifetime. The team they are currently building has incredible potential!

21 minutes ago, JoeyBones777 said:

Having seen them lose 4 SB in a row as a child I hope to see them win 1 in my lifetime. The team they are currently building has incredible potential!

I will never forget as a kid watching Scott Norwood miss that field goal. Every time I see one I think of the bills!  Sorry for memory. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JoeyBones777 said:

We all know what Bills stands for:

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trlrman2004 said:

Wasn't Doug Flutie at the Helm?

jim kelly. at least for the one that they played against the glorious Team. mind you, while the bills had some big name stars, the redskins, as they were then, were just a wonderful unit across the board. my fave skins team of all time. 

i can remember some of the week before. skins were treated like they were there to make up the numbers (despite only losing two games and those by a point or two, if i recall, and only at the end when resting starters - one loss to the last placed cowboys i think, which hurt). bills acted like it was in the bag. and for someone like thurston thomas to lose his helmet before the start of the game and miss a few plays was unforgivable. to me, it said that their heads were not right (very much like the 2003 afl grand final when a couple of the pies players were seen in a tanning salon the evening before because they wanted to look good on the victory stage - which they only made to collect their runner-up medals). i think thurston - was he MVP that year? - got all of about 12 yards running. 

it was a very different NFC East in those days.