NFL 2020 Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Bills are looking pretty good so far! Josh Allen looks like he turned a corner in year 3...and it doesn't lead to a cliff

Congrats Brian (Viva Vegas) on 16/16 in round two  Sampler coming your way!   Reminder to MoeFOH that he is expected to win this competition and save me from paying out a winners prize.

I will never forget as a kid watching Scott Norwood miss that field goal. Every time I see one I think of the bills!  Sorry for memory. 

4 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Very different NFC. Nearly every NFC division dominated AFC.

there was a stat i recall from those days. if the NFC won the bowl, the stock market went up next monday. if not, down. it worked but the problem was that the AFC won so few, it was hard to tell whether people just felt good and bought on the monday or if anything else behind it. 

when i first followed the skins and the NFL, it was a given that the NFC East would win the bowl, with an occasional appearance by the 49ers. i miss those days. 

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

jim kelly. at least for the one that they played against the glorious Team. mind you, while the bills had some big name stars, the redskins, as they were then, were just a wonderful unit across the board. my fave skins team of all time. 

i can remember some of the week before. skins were treated like they were there to make up the numbers (despite only losing two games and those by a point or two, if i recall, and only at the end when resting starters - one loss to the last placed cowboys i think, which hurt). bills acted like it was in the bag. and for someone like thurston thomas to lose his helmet before the start of the game and miss a few plays was unforgivable. to me, it said that their heads were not right (very much like the 2003 afl grand final when a couple of the pies players were seen in a tanning salon the evening before because they wanted to look good on the victory stage - which they only made to collect their runner-up medals). i think thurston - was he MVP that year? - got all of about 12 yards running. 

it was a very different NFC East in those days. 

Wow ken didn’t know you ozzies watched football. Nice!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

jim kelly. at least for the one that they played against the glorious Team. mind you, while the bills had some big name stars, the redskins, as they were then, were just a wonderful unit across the board. my fave skins team of all time. 

i can remember some of the week before. skins were treated like they were there to make up the numbers (despite only losing two games and those by a point or two, if i recall, and only at the end when resting starters - one loss to the last placed cowboys i think, which hurt). bills acted like it was in the bag. and for someone like thurston thomas to lose his helmet before the start of the game and miss a few plays was unforgivable. to me, it said that their heads were not right (very much like the 2003 afl grand final when a couple of the pies players were seen in a tanning salon the evening before because they wanted to look good on the victory stage - which they only made to collect their runner-up medals). i think thurston - was he MVP that year? - got all of about 12 yards running. 

it was a very different NFC East in those days. 

Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, James Lofton, Darryl Talley, Cornelius Bennet! We were loaded! 

But looking back - the Giants, Skins, Cowboys all had better teams and it showed. Crazy to think if we won all 4 we'd have to be considered the greatest team of all time. Ugh back to shoveling snow. 

The high level of injuries have made a huge dent in several rosters. Interesting that in past years we heard that injuries were the result of having 4 exhibition games; now we hear that they are the result of no preseason.

Jim Kelly was not the biggest loser in SB era, it was his backup Gale Gilbert, he went to Chargers and getting thrashed, he attended Super Bowl

5 times in 5 years, and won 0.  Bills can do something different this year with Diggs, and they recruit some legit defenders with fair price.

14 hours ago, NickV said:

Wow ken didn’t know you ozzies watched football. Nice!!!

we'd watch pretty much any sport.

they would televise the superbowl every year - had to get up about 3am to watch it in those days. when i lived in london, the place had a number of americans so i got to see a bit more and learn about it.

then i moved to DC - back at the time of that last great superbowl winning skins team and have followed them as closely as i can ever since. i thought, at the time, that they would always be a serious contender, have great defence, stars like darrell green (still my fave player), a trio of stellar WRs, the best coach and win a heap more superbowls. 

i could not have been more wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

3 to 4 wins should be enough for a playoff spot in the East. 

oh, how the mighty...

It’s very very sad!!  A lot of injuries on the birds but Dallas I don’t understand. 

I thought Tom Brady's 5 touchdown passes to come back from behind was quite something today. Also, I didn't mind seeing the passion and enthusiasm from the Bills defense in their victory today.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I thought Tom Brady's 5 touchdown passes to come back from behind was quite something today.

He threw one interception first up for a TD return, shook it off, and put together one hell of a game tape. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

He threw one interception first up for a TD return, shook it off, and put together one hell of a game tape. 

I absolutely HATE Tom Brady! Nothing personal, I also hated Brett Favre until he played for the Vikings!!! ?:love:

12 minutes ago, cgoodrich said:

There’s always one of you in the group...!

I’m sure there’s more, I’m just the one dumb enough to keep chiming in!  Can’t stop won’t stop!

not letting a couple weeks let me down!  Chiefs won’t see it coming Sunday!!!

• Like 1