NFL 2020 Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Bills are looking pretty good so far! Josh Allen looks like he turned a corner in year 3...and it doesn't lead to a cliff

Congrats Brian (Viva Vegas) on 16/16 in round two  Sampler coming your way!   Reminder to MoeFOH that he is expected to win this competition and save me from paying out a winners prize.

I will never forget as a kid watching Scott Norwood miss that field goal. Every time I see one I think of the bills!  Sorry for memory. 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:52 PM, BigGuns said:

I’m sure there’s more, I’m just the one dumb enough to keep chiming in!  Can’t stop won’t stop!

not letting a couple weeks let me down!  Chiefs won’t see it coming Sunday!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

The Cleveland Browns are 4-1

I was a senior in high school the last time that happened in 1994. They had this grouchy coach that didn’t say much and the media hated. His name was Belechiken or something like that ...anyway...Go Browns. 

Best they looked since Kosar!!  God bless you Bernie, and damn you Byner.

No clue the American Football was something outside of the U.S. and may still not be something outside the U.S. as this short story will describe..

My brother wore my Alan Partridge t-shirt to Europe. An English man was excited Alan Partridge was known in the U.S. My brother fatly told him : "he isn't"

- onto football, give you guys and gals some words to chew on. 

you guys might be more interesting than my fantasy football group, but the detail gets a little too deep. my "passion" for football stems from playing video games as a kid ?. I was the pirate flag!

Onto NFL notes

week 1 deshaun watson looked ready to pass before running. 

The bengals ruined it not involving their te Drew Sample ( sour grapes fantasy flier?), he looked good in the thursday game ozumah went down. 

Gase is trash (head coach) and always has been. that"s not an insult to his character' although im sure there are flaws as with us all.

Tampa bay D looked incredible, overpowered than oline and dominoes fell from there. Green bay wants to be a contender they need protection. remember 49ers v GB last year. D wins championships LETS GO!!! (Bucs implied)

Justin Herbert is fun to watch. Launch codes I call it when he throws the ball, the Oak! legs plant, huge arc, ball flies! Too bad kicker ruined it for everyone' 

Marlon humphries, ravens cb, poppin balls like its a poop, one a day' (too crass and by no means correct)

Todd gurley looks like he doesn't want to be there sometimes but the football gods shine upon him, keep him alive, and give him good blocks * Matt ryan weeks ago

Alvin Kamara is for real

does a bruiser rb only have 4 years? (zeke elliot)

Tim Patrick (broncos) ran one route I liked so he will be a star, just like picking one cigar in a box and deeming the rest the same, I judge wr's based on one route. he will be a star

Alright enough nonsense! Footballs awful with the injuries, Onto the work day'

We'll get to outrageous picks eventually. I like to pick an outlandish defense no ones expecting I think might pop it off. I had miami over 49ers! but the week before that I said NYG... 

don't hurt your head too much reading ?‍☠️?

DtRODtVXoAIcHD1.jpg

5 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Jets fan here:

Life is suffering.

Lions fan here, like me I’m sure you’ve turned numb to it.  Have you picked your alternative team yet?  A good team you can actually root for in the playoffs?  For me it was KC last couple years, now that Holmgren has his ring, I’m pulling for my Michigan boy Brady to write a great story this year.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EnigmatiC said:

I’m right there with you brother 

I'll pray for both y'all.. (that gase is fired) oh gosh! enjoy the players that leave or are traded as ex jets. Jamal adams' Root for those teams ( Steve mclendon mwuahah the bucs, (his name is close enough))

The recent bucs ex players who got their Rings

Aqib Talib, Legarette blount, 

woohoo. any time, any season, when one not just beats the hapless cowgirls but utterly whomps them is a good one. 

loved it. 

but in fairness, before we get too excited, that is the worst i have ever seen a dallas team play. they made us look committed and cohesive. there is something massively wrong with the cowboys (hey, not that i am complaining). their coach summed it up when he pointed out that when their QB got smashed and taken out of the game in a stupid, illegal and seriously dangerous tackle (that player is seriously dimwitted and no loss if suspended), the reaction from the cowboys was to stand around and shrug their shoulders. no one cared. how would the chiefs react if someone did that to mahomes? or the bucs/saints etc, if done to their QB? or if the old redskins had done it to aikman? 

• 2 weeks later...

Wife still doubts my ability to call football games. Had to show her the standings as of today. While I have yet to win weekly high score, I’m tied for no 1. 

That at 50 cents might get me a cup of coffee at home. 

Thanks again to FOH for running the league. Something fun to do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Wife still doubts my ability to call football games. Had to show her the standings as of today. While I have yet to win weekly high score, I’m tied for no 1. 

That at 50 cents might get me a cup of coffee at home. 

Thanks again to FOH for running the league. Something fun to do. 

And here I am, nowhere near the top, and STOKED for winning the week. It’s the little things...

On 10/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Cigar Surgeon said:

Chiefs to face the Jets this weekend in what some (me) are calling the ultimate trap game of the century, of the week.

Not that one--it was the The Bucs/Giants. Giants had every opportunity to win that one.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 12:50 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Not that one--it was the The Bucs/Giants. Giants had every opportunity to win that one.

Yeah I should have posted in italics, it was entirely facetious. I've been saying since week 1 the Jets were going to get a monumental beat down by the Chiefs. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

had not seen that. how very raiders. 

and a general comment, if posts go missing, every chance it is inappropriate language. putting an * or two in the word instead of letters, might work for something but seriously? those transgressing - and no names - do better. it takes more effort to actually type the word in than not to. so why? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

had not seen that. how very raiders. 

and a general comment, if posts go missing, every chance it is inappropriate language. putting an * or two in the word instead of letters, might work for something but seriously? those transgressing - and no names - do better. it takes more effort to actually type the word in than not to. so why? 

My bad. Was trying to add even more comedy...here’s the clean version:

I get it, you hated him 4 years ago and you still hate him now.  Hell I can’t even stand the guy. I've seen a lot of hate thrown his way, but this guy is a consistent winner and an overachiever. Call it jealously, call it envy, some people just can't handle how successful he is and how much money he has, could even be jealous that he's got a hot foreign model as his wife. That's what the people who support him love about him.  Yes there have been some scandals, yes there have been some lies, and maybe a few times he's twisted the truth to make himself look better.  He's out there everyday proving those haters wrong time after time. You may not have wanted him in this role, but he's there now and there is nothing you or I can do about it.  I know its possibly going to get worse over the next several days, but like him or not, Tom Brady is turning things around in Tampa Bay

• Haha 1