PLPC (LGR AGO 19)

Zaxeiler

Smoked the Por Larranaga Petit Corona for about 75 minutes. 

Aroma of hay, honey, and a touch of graham cracker. Cold draw is honey and a touch of vanilla.

First couple puffs are very harsh, straight ash. As it mellows into the first third, a vague sweetness, and a little hint of tea spice or cinnamon.

Halfway through the first third, the smoke got very soft and velvety. The taste is almost like milk chocolate.

Into the middle third, it’s getting even more smooth, like graham cracker and cinnamon.

Halfway Mark, sweetness is gone, chocolate cream is gone, a nice mild earth with the cinnamon on the retro. In the back third, full earthy with a pepper on the retro. Intermittent salt blasts.

Ended a little softer with the tea spices.

Great little smoke for the money. I was a little concerned since the construction and wrapper weren't great. But great draw, good smoke output. Wrapper is very oily, leaving a residue on the fingers. Leaves a pleasurable light coating in your mouth, for a great finish (stopped about halfway through). 

PLPC Review.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

PLPC is one of my favourites.  Best put aside for 3 or 4 years in my opinion. As I smoke my way through a few I make sure I top up. Oh how the price has changed since I got my fit cabinet of 50 about 6 years ago. With a few years on them they produce plentiful smoke with caramel and sweet chocolate flavours. Some stay its a mild cigar - I’d say more towards medium depending how industrious you are and puffing away.

Funnily enough my dog (Winston) loves the aroma of the PLPC. He often positions himself down draft and sniffs the air as a trail of smoke passes. He does the same with the Juan Lopen No 2 and Ramon Allones Specially Selected.  When I bring out a H Uppman No 2 he moves away! 

I keep the PLPC in a seperate humidor at 72 degrees - makes them a little tighter. 

• Like 1