30 ct Cohiba BHK Humidor

cookj1

I'm definitely not an expert but web searches for this came up empty.

Also the combination Cohiba BHK on the lid seems off as the ones I saw had Cohiba Behike on the top (first picture).

Also it seems there is a cutout for each individual cigar of each size which also feels odd (second and third pictures).

Hopefully someone with experience with special humidor releases can chime in.

Will need better close up photos of the bands to confirm but i know china make special humidors for the china market that never get listed, there is a 20 count Talisman that my friend has which is basically the Talisman reboxed in a fancy humidor.

The initial red flags for me would be that the wrapper colour matching looks very off and the wrapper quality looks poor.  The bands do look real but its hard to see with the photos provided.

I've never seen anything like that before. It's obviously not an official HSA production. And the BHK design on the front is unique. Best case, this is some LCDH special production. I would want some provenance on it before I would give it any value beyond the individual cigars. Other than that, it's not bad looking.

2 minutes ago, KavalanWhisky said:

The initial red flags for me would be that the wrapper colour matching looks very off and the wrapper quality looks poor. 

I'm not sure that's the case. The lighting is a bit weird and the wrappers look like they could be fine. The colors seem to match within the respective models but do differ among the models. I would have tried to get five 52, 54 and 56 that were closer in color to each other.

As for a Chinese production, I'd want to know exactly where and who, and even then it's probably not worth more than $100. Most LCDH productions aren't worth a whole lot let alone  something from some random Chinese vendor. I would consider this a "nice gift" custom-type item.

This “gentleman of distinction” happens to be my wife’s boss. ...one of the most wealthy individuals in my part of the world.  The box came from one of Castro’s senior officials in 2011. Apparently these aren’t standard HSA release but are made especially for gifts.  I don’t know much else about it and really couldn’t put a value on something like this.

4 minutes ago, cookj1 said:

This “gentleman of distinction” happens to be my wife’s boss. ...one of the most wealthy individuals in my part of the world.  The box came from one of Castro’s senior officials in 2011. Apparently these aren’t standard HSA release but are made especially for gifts.  I don’t know much else about it and really couldn’t put a value on something like this.

If it's a diplomatic gift, then all bets are off I guess. Though I've known people of distinction sending an assistant to get a nice gift for someone and ending up with a fake and the assistant pocketing the huge difference. If it's straight from a Cuban senior official then obviously that's not so much a possibility.

40 minutes ago, david9985 said:

Looks like a very special gift you have received! Are you going to smoke?

Not sure, to be honest.  I mean...smoke ‘em if you got ‘em, right!?!  But this is pretty special.  I haven’t decided yet.  They’re pretty happy just waiting for me to decide; I’m in no rush.

• Like 2

Yeah I understand your dilemma completely. It's a special piece to just enjoy owning. Not easy to smoke the first one even if it's your intention to do so! Congratulations again, it really is stunning ?