Recommended Posts

I wouldn't even say two releases. Production only stopped for a short time in late 18. People were seeing these being rolled again at El Laguito during the Festival in Feb 19. There are some regular production cigars with longer hiatuses. 
I see they have no intention of stopping. This should be the first "Unlimited Edition"

Unlimited edition, That made me laugh. So true though!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Cohiba does an EL every 3-5 years I guess they're going to run Talisman right up to the next one.

I do think it's quite odd that they seem to have so much of this 2-year aged leaf for basically endless Talisman. It isn't like 2012-2015 were great harvest years. I suppose if they do have that much they're stuck running it as an EL. Nothing else they can do with 2-year aged leaf. Although I would like to see some Novedosos at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Since Cohiba does an EL every 3-5 years I guess they're going to run Talisman right up to the next one.
I do think it's quite odd that they seem to have so much of this 2-year aged leaf for basically endless Talisman. It isn't like 2012-2015 were great harvest years. I suppose if they do have that much they're stuck running it as an EL. Nothing else they can do with 2-year aged leaf. Although I would like to see some Novedosos at some point.

Btw, saw in my notifications that you replied to me in the 24:24 Thursday, probably about the price on the RA EL. Do you remember what you wrote?
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nico said:


Btw, saw in my notifications that you replied to me in the 24:24 Thursday, probably about the price on the RA EL. Do you remember what you wrote?

Not really.

The 24:24s are bad threads to have conversations in. :(

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cairo said:

Is TUA ABR 2020 El Laguito?

Just received boxes of ABR 20 RAS with TUA codes....

Quite a bit of Talisman is rolled outside of El Laguito.

I haven't seen many TUA codes on anything as of late 19. Not sure if another code just became TUA but we'll see as the year goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:
22 hours ago, Nico said:


Btw, saw in my notifications that you replied to me in the 24:24 Thursday, probably about the price on the RA EL. Do you remember what you wrote?

Not really.

The 24:24s are bad threads to have conversations in. :(

You remarked that you don’t see a reason for the current RA LE to be priced that much higher than the Monte one. I am recalling it because two thoughts crossed my mind: First being, I see in fact no reason for it to be priced even much higher than a RASS or a RAS. Second, 24:24s are bad threads to have conversation in ... :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fugu said:

You remarked that you don’t see a reason for the current RA LE to be priced that much higher than the Monte one. I am recalling it because two thoughts crossed my mind: First being, I see in fact no reason for it to be priced even much higher than a RASS or a RAS. Second, 24:24s are bad threads to have conversation in ... :lol:

I remember that part, it was the last reply to him. 

Now my memory is jogged. I was considering the allotments to distributors seeing as how of the purported 6,000 boxes claimed by LD, 600 are to Hunters and at least that many have to be going to PCC and Phoenicia since they love RA. So that's only 4,200 boxes for the remaining ~20 distributors? Not much if the run is actually 6,000 boxes. Personally, I think if this number is correct it's an initial run. A second run will hit. 6,000 boxes just seems absurdly low for an EL. Picking these up as an investment at this point may be fool's gold. 

I also confirmed another poster's observation that the prices in Sweden do seem to be ~50% lower at $19/stick but no one's really got them. Maybe some B & Ms selling singles. So it appears the pricing is distributor determinate rather than HSA determinate indicating perhaps the allotments per distributor--particularly for the larger distributors--are quite low. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that  neither HSA nor distributors are going to liaise with retailers or consumers on their pricing strategy :D

The only scorecard that counts in their eyes is sales and positioning. 

Looking at the math, 6000 boxes is a tiny amount.  We could move 1000 boxes through the forum alone. Every B&M in Asia would take 50  boxes minimum.  

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I can confirm that  neither HSA nor distributors are going to liaise with retailers or consumers on their pricing strategy :D

The only scorecard that counts in their eyes is sales and positioning. 

Looking at the math, 6000 boxes is a tiny amount.  We could move 1000 boxes through the forum alone. Every B&M in Asia would take 50  boxes minimum.  

Right, but my point is figuring out if the distributors are responsible for the relatively high price, which appears to be the case based on preliminary pricing from scandinavia. If Habanos Nordic comes in 50% cheaper the obviously this a distributor-driven markup. Big markets like Hunters and PCC are probably going to be coming in higher than smaller markets like Nordic. 

I just can't believe we're only looking at 6,000 boxes. I mean, that's a small ER run these days. I really think there has to be a second wave of these. HSA has never disclosed numbers for ELs and we know they continue to produce many for extended periods. I don't doubt someone at HSA may have told Hunters who in turn told LD, but again, I really think this is just what they could confirm going out the door in the first wave. 600 boxes for the entire UK? Makes zero sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Right, but my point is figuring out if the distributors are responsible for the relatively high price,

Distributors can put on any price they wish. There are some anomalies in regular production stock between distributors. 

 

29 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I just can't believe we're only looking at 6,000 boxes. 

Hard to believe but that is the general word around Industry players. 

Whatever they make they will sell on this one. It makes sense to make as many as possible. I wonder if the packaging held them back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Distributors can put on any price they wish. There are some anomalies in regular production stock between distributors.

That's obviously what's happening if one market is 50% lower than another. HSA pricing this higher than the other two was nonsensical.

So you're hearing 6,000 as well...wow. Even if that's an initial run that'll be gone in a month. It wouldn't surprise me if it was packaging related but that would seem to support the first/second wave possibility. The pricing certainly seems to suggest the most likely scenario is only the 6,000. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
That's obviously what's happening if one market is 50% lower than another. HSA pricing this higher than the other two was nonsensical.
So you're hearing 6,000 as well...wow. Even if that's an initial run that'll be gone in a month. It wouldn't surprise me if it was packaging related but that would seem to support the first/second wave possibility. The pricing certainly seems to suggest the most likely scenario is only the 6,000. 

Thanks. Now all this talk and the next posting will be 385


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.