What makes your local cigar lounge special to you? Or do you simply prefer to smoke at home?

I almost never smoke in a lounge.  I used to smoke at Jerry’s in Tucson.   If I had to pick one that’d be it. They made me feel welcome.   Now all my time is spent in a car.  When I’m not in the car I damned sure want to be at my very own house.  
When traffic is bad and I have office work to manage I’ll stop in Fox’s in Old Town.  WiFi and a beverage while the freeways clear makes sense, then it’s right back to my MSL (Mobile Smoking Lounge)

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Usually smoke in the dining room or outside if nice.  Been almost a year since I had a cigar in a public setting; Abu Dhabi. 

Are cigar lounges generally open in the US?  I don't think they are in MA. 

In my end of MA there is one, in Agawam, but only open Wed to Sat. There is one in Springfield, but that requires a membership. I usually go to one over the state line in Enfield,CT

• Thanks 1

Being in the Midwest during the winter months the cigar lounge is the place to smoke.   I smoke at home a ton when its nice but I do enjoy going to the cigar lounge.   They have an amazing selection of Whiskeys.  Actually the best in town.   I would say the big draw is the atmosphere and people.   The bartenders there really love their job there and are excellent at it.   They also feature a ton of local beers.

• Like 1

I am fortunate to have two private clubs in Pittsburgh where I can smoke. The men's grill at my golf club after 3:00.  Or the cigar bar at the Duquesne Club which I would argue is one of the best places  to smoke indoors.  @Cayman17 will vouch for that!  Other than that I agree with most here that I love the solitude of my home.

Several of the stores near me have "lounges" that consist of a few overstuffed chairs and maybe a TV. There is one, maybe two cigar bars within a 45 minute drive, but not really my scene. Mostly, I prefer the back deck, enjoying the scenery or reading a book with a good beverage. Only real communal cigar smoking that I do is before (or after) football games while tailgating.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, BTWheezy said:

In the People’s Republic of Seattle, our Glorious Leaders have determined that smoking tobacco in any form is bad, and therefore it is in our best interests that cigar lounges are not allowed, except for a weird exception of basically a private, unattended store front, with 24/7 card key access.

I am comforted that my Dear Comrades make choices on my behalf, keeping me safe and so forth.  But if you want to buy and smoke weed...we gotcha covered!

You do have Smoking Joe's in Tacoma which I've been to a few times on business trips to Seattle and the burger joint across the street which is probably the closest thing to in-and-out I've had up there. It's kinda of a trek from downtown but that lounge is great! I wish it eternal life.