Heads Up. Nespresso has Cuban coffee in stock.

Puros Y Vino

Thanks, that's actually very helpful. I've really enjoyed the Starbucks ones (though they're official, nespresso co-branded, so no discount and maybe a premium due to starbucks), but didn't know the Illy ones were aluminum bottoms too, and haven't tried them yet.

Here is a comparison of the Illy capsule vs the Nespresso capsule. Hope this helps

54b18a15b0463960b1f41d64c65a621c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, helix said:
Is this Nespresso capsule coffee system a better way to make coffee than a pour over method ? 

2 different outcomes I think. I use the original Nespresso for expresso drinks vs the pour over is more for traditional coffee. Never tried the Vertuo Nespresso machine which is more traditional coffee drinks.

18 hours ago, Bijan said:
Thanks, that's actually very helpful. I've really enjoyed the Starbucks ones (though they're official, nespresso co-branded, so no discount and maybe a premium due to starbucks), but didn't know the Illy ones were aluminum bottoms too, and haven't tried them yet.

Illy is quite good. Working my way through the line.

Tried the caffe trombetta this morning. It is excellent. May have to grab another box at that price. Worth picking up IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:54 PM, helix said:

Is this Nespresso capsule coffee system a better way to make coffee than a pour over method ? 

The original line Nespresso system is a very good espresso machine for the price. Machine can be had for under $100, but makes espresso that I find it equivalent to a $1500 machine. Of course you pay the difference in capsules, which slowly adds up. I got the machine as a gift, but at my current coffee consumption I should consider investing in the more expensive non-pod machine. In my case another consideration is that the nespresso machine is tiny, so it really doesn't take up much room in the kitchen.

The virtuo machine as @maverickdrinker stated makes more types of coffee than just espresso. Capsules are even more expensive though and to me you only get the benefit of the machine on the espresso type drinks, as regular coffees don't need the high pressure espresso system.