Varadero October 15

JohnnyO

Don't know if it is wishful thinking but Directorio Cubano is saying that Varadero will open for tourists October 15, 2020. It mostly referred to Canadian flights but its a step in the right direction. Also, that all transactions in the facilities will be with credit cards. Spain has already started repatriation flights with anticipation of regular tourist flights this month. John

• Thanks 1

Air Canada has RT flights from Toronto $253(US) to Havana. John

Now I just need the required two week quarantine when you return to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thank you for the report Johnny. Super kind of you let’s see how it shakes out. Need to get back down to see my friends as soon as I can.

I spoke to punch Joe the other day, he said even if they open it up it would be wise to probably hang back and see what happens with the Covid situation. Said if you came to the island and they decided to lock something down you would be sort of stuck waiting for a humanitarian flight. That could be awkward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, JohnnyO said:

Don't know if it is wishful thinking but Directorio Cubano is saying that Varadero will open for tourists October 15, 2020. It mostly referred to Canadian flights but its a step in the right direction. Also, that all transactions in the facilities will be with credit cards. Spain has already started repatriation flights with anticipation of regular tourist flights this month. John

That sucks for those of us whose CCs do not work in Cuba....