Your personal cigar Index........what's gone up and what's gone down?

Consider this your personal cigar power rankings ;)

The 2 -3 cigars that have gone up in your personal rankings in 2020.......and  the 2-3 cigars that have gone down in your rankings in 2020. 

Think about what you were smoking at the beginning of the year....and what you are smoking now. 

Your personal cigar index......what's hot and what's not in your world :cigar:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the way up...........: Anything Punch.  16-17 were tent pegs, but recent Punch Punch, Shorts de Punch, DC, 898's etc etc  all on point,  full of clove, cream, and unique juicy fruit gum character, 

UP Monte 2  Partagas P2  Upmann Mag 54    Down Partagas E 2 QD 50

UP: RyJ Petit Royales, 2019 Coloniales, Monte 3,  DOWN: Any HDM Epicure line  

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Consider this your personal cigar power rankings ;)

The 2 -3 cigars that have gone up in your personal rankings in 2020.......and  the 2-3 cigars that have gone down in your rankings in 2020. 

Think about what you were smoking at the beginning of the year....and what you are smoking now. 

Your personal cigar index......what's hot and what's not in your world :cigar:

Probably a dumb question, but are these smokes only with a 2020 box date?  I imagine smoking an enjoyable Connie 1, Punch Punch or RASS will depend on the year, right?

I'm looking forward to tracking this. I haven't smoked enough of any one cigar to provide insight, let alone a single marca, but interested to see everyone elses experience

Every Monte I have smoked this year from 18-20 have been outstanding.  Everything from 1's, 3's, 4's and all the Edmundos.  Something about them are just hitting what I am craving at the moment.  Last year I was all over Partagas, this year it's all Monte.  I just received a fresh box of 2's that I hope are equally delicious. 

4 hours ago, chuckpnoy said:

Probably a dumb question, but are these smokes only with a 2020 box date?  I imagine smoking an enjoyable Connie 1, Punch Punch or RASS will depend on the year, right?

That’s a good point to raise.  Jealous of anyone that puts Punch Punch in their Up category.  One of my favorite go to cigars.  My box i rated this on is a 18, and I won’t be touching any more of those for a while.  Same situation for my Mag 46, it’s an 18 as well.  Partagas and Monte are on fire across all my inventory from 18-20.  M#2, M#4, PSP2, Lucy’s, Shorts, and D4 all could make the UP list really but could only pick 3 and the HDM RS is my star performer last few months.  

On the way up...........: Anything Punch.  16-17 were tent pegs, but recent Punch Punch, Shorts de Punch, DC, 898's etc etc  all on point,  full of clove, cream, and unique juicy fruit gum character,  and all drawing nicely. 

On the way down........: Anything Bolivar,      yes still well rolled, yes the wrappers still look ok.........but what is the Bolivar profile these days?   light bodied, malt biscuits and vanilla cream???      how on earth did it get the to point that Bolivar's are all vacant of leather, earth, tannins etc etc.     A once great full bodied, savoury cigar turning into a generic powder puff 'experience', serving the all encompassing sweet tooth, 1 dimensional masses...............sad.       someone in the blending room needs a slap

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, foursite12 said:

UP: RyJ Petit Royales, 2019 Coloniales, Monte 3, 

DOWN: Any HDM Epicure line

Royales, defo a resounding triumph.  Some how combining the sweet exotic aspects of R&J with the leathery rich side ones.    Love these

• Like 1

Up Monte Petit Edmundo , R&J Wide Churchill and some really good Monte 4 with four to five years on them floating around.

Down VR famosis, Hoyo Epicure 2 , underfilled Cohiba robusto

4 hours ago, mprach024 said:

That’s a good point to raise.  Jealous of anyone that puts Punch Punch in their Up category.  One of my favorite go to cigars.  My box i rated this on is a 18, and I won’t be touching any more of those for a while.  Same situation for my Mag 46, it’s an 18 as well.  Partagas and Monte are on fire across all my inventory from 18-20.  M#2, M#4, PSP2, Lucy’s, Shorts, and D4 all could make the UP list really but could only pick 3 and the HDM RS is my star performer last few months.  

Have to say I have had the exact opposite of your Mag46, and Punch Punch experience. I’ve smoked 2 boxes of 18 Mag46 in the past 2 months, and almost a box of 19 Punch Punch. Both have been superb examples of what they should be. Rich, complex, robust, bursting with flavor. Needless to say I loaded up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chuckpnoy said:

18/19/20

• Like 1

To those placing Connie 1 in the down category were they late 18s? I noticed a serious dip in quality around that time. All the 19s I've had have been excellent. That's why I put them in the up category. 

25 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Upmann Mag 54 

Hmm, these just missed the down group for me. Last year's were much better IMO. Recent have been way off to my taste. 

52 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

To those placing Connie 1 in the down category were they late 18s? I noticed a serious dip in quality around that time. All the 19s I've had have been excellent. That's why I put them in the up category. 

Hmm, these just missed the down group for me. Last year's were much better IMO. Recent have been way off to my taste. 

The ‘19 Mag 54s have been terrific.

Up

Petit Royales, Famosos, Mag 54, CoRo

Down

Principe, Nonplus, Dip2, Epi2