Trinidad Media Luna TLU ABR 20 not under the radar review

Nice review Bijan.  I too love the outdoor night smoke, very peaceful.  I’ve been watching all the feedback on the media Luna as I’ve yet to buy any.  I love a good trini, only thing holding me back is the size, I just rarely buy petit/short robusto.  I may have to try them, just with trini or any premium I’m sad when they are over quickly.  

Great review. I’ve had two of these recently from singles and was unable to get anything other than a ton of white pepper, excessive spice. Great construction but I was disappointed. They each had 30-45 days rest and I’m starting to think I needed to give them more time. Based on the number of glowing reviews I feel like I had to miss something.

12 hours ago, mprach024 said:

only thing holding me back is the size, I just rarely buy petit/short robusto

I am pretty much the same. But it's towards the upper end of the Petit Robusto range at 4 1/2 inches vs a Robusto at 4 7/8. A lot of Petit robustos are 4 inches.

6 hours ago, GolfT3 said:

Great review. I’ve had two of these recently from singles and was unable to get anything other than a ton of white pepper, excessive spice. Great construction but I was disappointed. They each had 30-45 days rest and I’m starting to think I needed to give them more time. Based on the number of glowing reviews I feel like I had to miss something.

Good to know the pepper spice was to be expected. I didn't know what to expect but I didn't expect pepper. Yeah the flavours weren't my favourite but the construction was flawless and it did transition to different spices eventually in my case, so it was still pleasant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mprach024 said:

I love a good trini, only thing holding me back is the size, I just rarely buy petit/short robusto.

There’s no getting away from it: this is a pricey little smoke. But it’s really good, and close to a full size robusto.

I know they are a big success, but the new Trini sizes annoy me. I just want the usual damn range of sizes: a minuto, mareva, robusto, and corona gorda! And the fabulous laguito especial of course. 

18 minutes ago, RDB said:

There’s no getting away from it: this is a pricey little smoke. But it’s really good, and close to a full size robusto.

I know they are a big success, but the new Trini sizes annoy me. I just want the usual damn range of sizes: a minuto, mareva, robusto, and corona gorda! And the fabulous laguito especial of course. 

Amen!

7 hours ago, RDB said:

Amen +2! I love Trinidad but man I’m just not a fan on the large RG trend. At least I got Fundies and Reyes