Let’s talk Nespresso

maverickdrinker

Went through the forum to see if there was a topic on Nespresso. Figured I would start one for all things Nespresso.

Curious to know what machine you use (original or Vertuo) and your favourite flavours.

I use a Nespresso DeLonghi Latissima that we have had for 12 years. It’s a workhorse.

I have the essenza mini at my office.

Looking to either get the Creatista plus or creatista pro. Still looking into that.

Favourite pods: India, Napoli, Ristretto, Kazaar,

What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost forgot... got some new pods too. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found these at Williams Sonoma today. Excited to try the spiced pecan pumpkin and Vietnamese. On sales to boot Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just saw this post - huge Nespresso fan.  A staple with any morning CC.  Have the coffee bar set-up with a Latissima Touch that is amazingly old and the Keurig K-Classic that is also +8 year

I have a Nespresso DeLonghi Gran Latissima which is fabulous, I've only had it for a little under six months.

I prefer the milder coffees, mainly because I nearly always have them straight black, without sugar and/or milk. Favourites at the moment are Caramel Brulee and Cocoa Truffle.

I have a Nespresso DeLonghi Gran Latissima which is fabulous, I've only had it for a little under six months.
I prefer the milder coffees, mainly because I nearly always have them straight black, without sugar and/or milk. Favourites at the moment are Caramel Brulee and Cocoa Truffle.

I haven’t tried the flavoured ones yet. Will have to give those a go. I drink mine straight black as well. Need to jolt of caffeine. Lol

I have an old Delonghi Essenza EN90 that I bought more than 15 years ago (and yes, I did get it in fuschia!). Still going strong, though it is now being used at my office. At home I now use a Delonghi PrimaDonna Deluxe S.

www.motorsports.it - EN 90.F Fuchsia DELONGHI - Nespresso-Automaten

My favourite pods are Kazaar (bought a lot of this when it first came out as a limited edition), India and Napoli. I prefer the strongest ones, as I drink flat whites at work.

• Like 2

I first tried Nespresso in Paris 2006. I went into their fancy shop on the Champs D'Elysee'. I've always wanted a proper grinder and espresso machine but I was blown away by the quality and simplicity of Nespresso.  I had a LeCube that lasted me from 2006 to 2019.  And now I'm on a Citiz. Favourite pods are Milan, Darkhan, Cafecito de Cuba, Risotto and Roma.  When I'm not feeling lazy I'll fire up the old Italian stovetop and make some Cuban or Italian espresso. 

• Like 1

I have an old Delonghi Essenza EN90 that I bought more than 15 years ago (and yes, I did get it in fuschia!). Still going strong, though it is now being used at my office. At home I now use a Delonghi PrimaDonna Deluxe S.
EN-90F-F_849582.jpg
My favourite pods are Kazaar (bought a lot of this when it first came out as a limited edition), India and Napoli. I prefer the strongest ones, as I drink flat whites at work.

They have been work horses. Mine is 12 years and going strong. Also prefer the stronger blends. Starting to try the milder blender and flavoured capsules to try lattes and cappuccinos. Did a latte today with a snowball capsule. The coconut really came through in the latte vs as an expresso shot.

• Like 1

I first tried Nespresso in Paris 2006. I went into their fancy shop on the Champs D'Elysee'. I've always wanted a proper grinder and espresso machine but I was blown away by the quality and simplicity of Nespresso.  I had a LeCube that lasted me from 2006 to 2019.  And now I'm on a Citiz. Favourite pods are Milan, Darkhan, Cafecito de Cuba, Risotto and Roma.  When I'm not feeling lazy I'll fire up the old Italian stovetop and make some Cuban or Italian espresso. 

I like the convenience of the Nespresso when pressed for time or feeling lazy as well. Been using my stove top Italian expresso maker (6 cup version) for bigger coffee pours.

Has anyone considered upgrading or has upgraded to the Creatista Uno, Creatista plus or Creatista pro? The Uno and Plus are available in Canada but not the pro. May wait for the pro to come out or see if I can get it in the US when this pandemic is over. Reviews on all 3 look good. Anyone own one and if so, what are your thoughts

• Like 1

Looks like 3 Italian variations coming out this holiday season. Should be hitting the boutiques/website on October 26th.

Il Caffe, Amaretti and pecan torte for original.
Il Caffe, Amaretti and pecan biscotti for Vertuo.

May pick up a sleeve of each to try. Still loading up on cafecito de Cuba and may buy more of the single origins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maverickdrinker said:

Found some Illy Nespresso pods today. $8.95 and $9.95 per 10 pack. The place is called beanwise. They have a few third party Nespresso capsules to choose from. www.beanwise.ca.

Looking forward to trying these...

dc72be0e58b38d95d30ddeb021fcf1bb.jpg

My wife and I stock quite a few Illy Nespresso pods in Classico, Intenso and Forte. We've tried them all, that is; outside of the geniune Nespresso ones, and Illy is the best of them all in our opinion. A few Starbucks varieties are close behind.

My wife and I stock quite a few Illy Nespresso pods in Classico, Intenso and Forte. We've tried them all, that is; outside of the geniune Nespresso ones, and Illy is the best of them all in our opinion. A few Starbucks varieties are close behind.

Thanks John. Good to get your feedback on the Illy and Starbucks. Do you drink them with or without milk? Going to try them without milk to start to see how they are.

I picked up a starbucks pack from Costco recently as it came with the Colombia single origin sleeve. Looking forward to trying that as well

How long have you all been drinking Nespresso? What was your first machine (if you have had a few)? Do you the subscription service?

My very first Nespresso machine was a Krups Nespresso 554. I think I bought in the late 90s. Unlike today's machines, you put the pod in the portafilter and lock it in place. I never really got the hang of steaming the milk with this machine, so I ended up drinking espresso most of the time.

Reviews: Krups Nespresso System Type 554, Programmable Espresso Machine |  eBay

How long have you all been drinking Nespresso? What was your first machine (if you have had a few)? Do you the subscription service?
My very first Nespresso machine was a Krups Nespresso 554. I think I bought in the late 90s. Unlike today's machines, you put the pod in the portafilter and lock it in place. I never really got the hang of steaming the milk with this machine, so I ended up drinking espresso most of the time.
s-l640.jpg

Roughly 2006 when I got my first Nespresso. My current one I have had since 2008 (I think). The latissima DeLonghi has been a workhorse. I had a essenza since 2010 for the office and that broke down last year. I replaced that with a citiz.

No subscription service in Canada. I hope they bring the machine program here though. The one in the US is quite good. If it happens, I’ll pick up either a Creatista plus or Creatista pro.

Heads up canadians! Was at Nespresso today and they informed me that there is a high possibility that Kona and Jamaican mountain blue will be released in Canada in November. Wouldnt give me the exact date but something to watch for.

It should be released right before the holiday Nespresso comes out. Hope this comes true...

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

Sounds great. I wish we got similar varieties for the Australian market!

Quit your teaching job. Nespresso Aus is looking for a new logistics operation manager.

Get inside the skunkworks and bring those varieties to our shores.

• Haha 1

Quick question for everyone. I have a DeLonghi Inissia Nespresso machine. I've really started using it very heavily the last couple of years.

I have always pressed the short/espresso button, both buttons start blinking, then I press the short/espresso button and the longo button stops blinking and the short/espresso button keeps blinking while the machine heats up and finally the coffee comes out.

Recently about half or maybe a third of the time, the coffee doesn't come out and both buttons start blinking again. If I unplug and plug the machine back, I can press the short/espresso button twice and the coffee will come out almost right away.

Is my machine dying or is there something I need to do?

When starting up, you should wait for the buttons to stop blinking while it it is heating up.

Have you done the descaling? You may have an air bubble in the lines, so you need to purge and then re-pressurise the system.

• Like 1

Agreed. Should try to descale and see what happens. I descale every 3 months due to heavy family usage.

One thing I do is I pull a water shot first once I turn on the machine. Clears things out and gives me a chance to warm up my expresso cup.

After I pull a shot, I immediately eject the pod and run another water shot to clear the system. It also makes sure the next person isn’t getting any remnants from my Nespresso pod.

Finally, if it is still giving you issues, give Nespresso a call. I’ve had great customer service from them in the past and they can trouble shoot for you on the phone.

Good luck

• Like 1