WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! Water Test Review Week

Admittedly I was skeptical when I heard about this first. However, I have been dipping most of my cigars in water before I go out in the evening. In my opinion, they have been smoking much better and the burn has been significantly improved. Fewer hot cigars and fewer split wrappers. I don’t do it all the time but I do it a significant portion of the time. I live in a very dry climate and currently the humidity is in the single digits. I have a feeling that the added moisture provides a better smoking experience in my climate. I have a feeling that the added moisture provides a better smoking experience in my climate.

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

• The second cigar you wet the wrapper (dip in a glass of water or run briefly under the tap).

I really hope you mean dip in a glass the uncut end of the cigar. Getting water into the foot or cut head of the cigar is no bueno. :no:

47 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I really hope you mean dip in a glass the uncut end of the cigar. Getting water into the foot or cut head of the cigar is no bueno. :no:

What about whisky or brandy? Can we dip the cut head in as true connoisseurs and make this a three part review :)

It’s 2020, the year “sane ideas” became officially overrated, this is definitely one of the more logical semi-scientific studies proposed thus far. I’m intrigued. 

Wow never heard of this method lol.  When I read the thread, I was thinking maybe just like the last third of the cigar or maybe a light misting of the cigar.  Watched the video and you went full on ?

In the video I noticed you didn't try the straight out of the humidor + dunk method!  Have you done it before?  Results?  

I'll be participating, can probably smoke one today and then won't have time till Monday - wonder if I should keep the other cigar out on the counter or keep it in the wineador ?

30 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Wow never heard of this method lol.  When I read the thread, I was thinking maybe just like the last third of the cigar or maybe a light misting of the cigar.  Watched the video and you went full on ?

In the video I noticed you didn't try the straight out of the humidor + dunk method!  Have you done it before?  Results?  

I'll be participating, can probably smoke one today and then won't have time till Monday - wonder if I should keep the other cigar out on the counter or keep it in the wineador ?

If cigar number 1 is smoked fresh from your wineador then keep your second cigar in your wineador until you dunk it then smoke it. Leaving cigar number 2 on the counter but not number 1 will skew your results. Consistency in practices are going to be key with this experiment. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, djrey said:

If cigar number 1 is smoked fresh from your wineador then keep your second cigar in your wineador until you dunk it then smoke it. Leaving cigar number 2 on the counter but not number 1 will skew your results. Consistency in practices are going to be key with this experiment. 

Yep that's what I figured, in this video he compared a fresh out of the humidor, 1 dry, and 1 dry +water.  Not great technique there's not a fresh out of the humidor +water, but its all in good fun ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

i retrohale some but if i try too much at once it blows my face off ....headache immediately lol

Ha. You acclimate eventually. Gor a week or two just clench up, close your eyes and endure the pain. It goes away after some dedication. 

16 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

All day. I can barely taste smoke on the palate anymore. Retrohale ruined me. All flavor

100%. Me too. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:55 AM, Fuzz said:

Do you really think anyone is that stupid :D

.......:lookaround:

9 hours ago, ChangBang said:

As a quick fix, I have tried on those cigars that I  normally like to have a touch more humidity. 

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic