WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! Water Test Review Week


Recommended Posts

Admittedly I was skeptical when I heard about this first. However, I have been dipping most of my cigars in water before I go out in the evening. In my opinion, they have been smoking much better and the burn has been significantly improved. Fewer hot cigars and fewer split wrappers. I don’t do it all the time but I do it a significant portion of the time. I live in a very dry climate and currently the humidity is in the single digits. I have a feeling that the added moisture provides a better smoking experience in my climate. I have a feeling that the added moisture provides a better smoking experience in my climate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

 

  • The second cigar you wet the wrapper (dip in a glass of water or run briefly under the tap).

 

I really hope you mean dip in a glass the uncut end of the cigar. Getting water into the foot or cut head of the cigar is no bueno. :no:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I really hope you mean dip in a glass the uncut end of the cigar. Getting water into the foot or cut head of the cigar is no bueno. :no:

What about whisky or brandy? Can we dip the cut head in as true connoisseurs and make this a three part review :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s 2020, the year “sane ideas” became officially overrated, this is definitely one of the more logical semi-scientific studies proposed thus far. I’m intrigued. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow never heard of this method lol.  When I read the thread, I was thinking maybe just like the last third of the cigar or maybe a light misting of the cigar.  Watched the video and you went full on ?

 In the video I noticed you didn't try the straight out of the humidor + dunk method!  Have you done it before?  Results?  

I'll be participating, can probably smoke one today and then won't have time till Monday - wonder if I should keep the other cigar out on the counter or keep it in the wineador ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Wow never heard of this method lol.  When I read the thread, I was thinking maybe just like the last third of the cigar or maybe a light misting of the cigar.  Watched the video and you went full on ?

 In the video I noticed you didn't try the straight out of the humidor + dunk method!  Have you done it before?  Results?  

I'll be participating, can probably smoke one today and then won't have time till Monday - wonder if I should keep the other cigar out on the counter or keep it in the wineador ?

 

If cigar number 1 is smoked fresh from your wineador then keep your second cigar in your wineador until you dunk it then smoke it. Leaving cigar number 2 on the counter but not number 1 will skew your results. Consistency in practices are going to be key with this experiment. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, djrey said:

If cigar number 1 is smoked fresh from your wineador then keep your second cigar in your wineador until you dunk it then smoke it. Leaving cigar number 2 on the counter but not number 1 will skew your results. Consistency in practices are going to be key with this experiment. 

Yep that's what I figured, in this video he compared a fresh out of the humidor, 1 dry, and 1 dry +water.  Not great technique there's not a fresh out of the humidor +water, but its all in good fun ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

robs retrohale of the entire draw is mind boggling

All day. I can barely taste smoke on the palate anymore. Retrohale ruined me. All flavor

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

i retrohale some but if i try too much at once it blows my face off ....headache immediately lol

Ha. You acclimate eventually. Gor a week or two just clench up, close your eyes and endure the pain. It goes away after some dedication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

All day. I can barely taste smoke on the palate anymore. Retrohale ruined me. All flavor

100%. Me too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • MoeFOH unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.