Partagas Shorts UEB JUL 18 (WTR)

Wet review.

Wore a warmer jacket and had gloves ready but not needed in the end.

Had a club soda with the dry cigar but in my haste forgot the soda this time.

Dipped the cigar all the way in tap water until about a third or quarter inch from the foot.

Wrapper was not fireproof this time. Burn was good never went out and never needed a touch up. Smoke time 45 minutes.

Retrohale was as smooth probably smoother. No paprika or pepper ever. Less coffee. Sugar and baking spices with the faintest hint of nutmeg just a hint. Quite pleasant as I've had some cigars lately where the nutmeg is over the top. Absolutely no transitions.

The wet cigar smoked better but the fireproof dry cigar was more complex. Tough to say which I liked more. I'll have to think about it.

Pictures every 10 minutes except for the last again.

20201017_012815.jpg

20201017_014909_HDR.jpg

20201017_015904_HDR.jpg

20201017_020910_HDR.jpg

20201017_021901_HDR.jpg

20201017_022408_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Bijan, wondering if you saw the same thing as me.  For my wet I was improving a mediocre stick, but what I thought was strange was that while for mine it was better, it also changed the profile dramatically.  In other words, it made it good just for what it was, but almost made it taste completely different than I would expect a normal good example to taste like.  Perhaps that’s why you can’t make your mind up?  It was good cigar, just wasn’t a party short experience?  Curious

5 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Bijan, wondering if you saw the same thing as me.  For my wet I was improving a mediocre stick, but what I thought was strange was that while for mine it was better, it also changed the profile dramatically.  In other words, it made it good just for what it was, but almost made it taste completely different than I would expect a normal good example to taste like.  Perhaps that’s why you can’t make your mind up?  It was good cigar, just wasn’t a party short experience?  Curious

Yes I think you might be right. I haven't smoked enough party shorts and I wasn't a big party short fan (some tight draws and didn't meet my expectations of what a Partagas should taste like) before these two cigars, so I'll have to smoke some more from this box before I can say for sure.

• Thanks 1

Bijan, In my box of Parti shorts (ASR MAY-18) I've also noted a trend toward the darker wrappers to have burn issues.  As I sort through the box I've noticed some lighter wrappers and some dark, oily wrappers in the same 50 ct. box.  I've taken to setting aside the darker wrappers to give them more time to age.  Everyone  of the darker wrappers has burned similar to yours as well as requiring relights.  The lighter wrappers are ready to smoke and burn well!

• Thanks 1