The one cohiba

8 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

I’ve seen them, and I love them, but cost difference between 5s and 6s or evening esplendidos makes them something I don’t buy a lot of.  They are $$$.

Yeah a lot of vendors jack up prices (to insane levels) on things they know would sell out instantly at "regular" (super-high) price.

Luckily FOH 24:24 sales aren't that way, but that means you have 30 seconds to get your email in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

Yeah a lot of vendors jack up prices (to insane levels) on things they know would sell out instantly at "regular" (super-high) price.

Luckily FOH 24:24 sales aren't that way, but that means you have 30 seconds to get your email in.

Yep, haven’t seen those on 24:24 in a while, and sadly I’m rarely quick enough.  My fault completely, if I’m not online at the correct times I don’t get the chance.  I dont to set alarms and let my sinful habit dictate my schedule any more than it already does.  Already balancing on a knifes edge with my wife’s patience on that front as it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Lot of guys love the 2s.  I’m not a huge fan myself, don’t get me wrong they are good, just the cost of them for a petit corona, I think there’s better options outside Cohiba for me (BPC or Party Short).  Again that’s for me.  Outside of my splurge boxes of 6s, or esplendidos, I end up buying the CoRo’s and Siglo IVs most often.  Can’t point to why exactly, but for me these hit the sweet spot for cost, enjoyment, and length of time I can enjoy the smoke.  To each his own.  

When compared to other PC's, yeah the Sig II's don't make too much sense, value wise.  My take is just within the Cohiba marca.  If I'm going to drop extra $'s on a Cohiba , the Sig II is my pick.  :)  

There was a period early this year pre-Covid when VIs came up fairly regularly on 24:24 in SLBs. They were (from memory) about USD850? And they were not selling out quickly. I bet they would fly at that price today... if they were around.

At today’s prices I think I would hold out for Esplendidos and CoLa - for a really indulgent, luxury smoke.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

rare? how do you figure? i see them everywhere...Vs lesss so, but theyre definitely not rare

damn youre getting an hour and a hafl out of an MS sometimes? you must be smoking it to your fingers lol ...i get anywhere from 50mins-an hour 15 mins.....an hour and a half is crazy ...respect ! (ali G voice)

i do feel like that is an apt comparison coloniales\sig II

I only purchase from here.

I see Sig VI's maybe, what, twice a year on 24:24?

Sig V's have been more prevalent than Sig VI's it appears.

I've always preferred smoking 2 or 3 smaller vitolas in a session than one larger 2 hour smoke, so the Sig II is definitely my preferred Cohiba. I am deeper on the them than any other brand PC/minutos, but don't smoke them nearly as often as PLPC, BPC, ElP, etc. Basically I'm cheap, so the Sig II fits my occasional splurge.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:56 AM, RDB said:

Great size. But they have become extremely expensive for a relatively short smoke.

Oh yep they have! And I still couldn’t help myself from buying a box...ugh 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KGM said:

I've always preferred smoking 2 or 3 smaller vitolas in a session than one larger 2 hour smoke, so the Sig II is definitely my preferred Cohiba. I am deeper on the them than any other brand PC/minutos, but don't smoke them nearly as often as PLPC, BPC, ElP, etc. Basically I'm cheap, so the Sig II fits my occasional splurge.

For the most part, I’m the same way - more short smokes is better than fewer long smokes.  And when you factor in price, there’s too many other good sticks out there for much less.  (I’m cheap too, lol).  But when the time comes for me to buy my first full box of Cohibas, it will either be Espys or CoRos - I figure if I’m spending Cohiba money, I’m buying something that I really want 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:49 PM, Bijan said:

A bit of a unicorn. You can find tubos, but I haven't seen a slide lid box anywhere in a while.

I have a box on the way.  Very keen to see how it smokes - I've come to the conclusion that the lonsdale/dalia/cervantes format really is the one for me.

• Like 3

I'll be the crazy guy that says Cohiba Short.  I suppose my expectations are always super high when I smoke a Cohiba, but I've not had one that really wowed me like other marca have.  

The CoSho hits the classic Cohiba flavors almost every time for me and does so in a very flavor forward manner.  

If you're like me and you want those classic flavors and you don't want to buy a lottery ticket on an expensive stick with seemingly the same level of consistency as all CC in general, go Cohiba Short. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:47 AM, Lrabold89 said:

...rare? how do you figure? i see them everywhere...Vs lesss so, but theyre definitely not rare

They've come back around this year but 25s were very scarce from late 17 to early 20. Petacas and Tubos were available but not everywhere. 

I don't recall seeing @El Presidente put up V 25s once during that time--nearly 2 years. Cohiba in general was in serious shortage from late 17 through 18. I must have gone to 15 LCDHs in Cuba in Nov 17 and the only Cohiba I saw was lots of I & II and some Robustos. No III-VI, Esplendidos, Piramides, Lanceros, CE or MS. I did see some Secretos 10s at Palco but no Magicos or Genios. And of course no BHK.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 10:01 PM, multi-useless said:

For the most part, I’m the same way - more short smokes is better than fewer long smokes.  And when you factor in price, there’s too many other good sticks out there for much less.  (I’m cheap too, lol).  But when the time comes for me to buy my first full box of Cohibas, it will either be Espys or CoRos - I figure if I’m spending Cohiba money, I’m buying something that I really want 

lol

I've never had any of the upper market Cohibas, so I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money on a box. I did buy a box of HQ CoRo and Sig IV a couple years ago from our host that I plan to crack next summer when they hit 5 years, but they were considerably cheaper than the current prices. I have a Sig VI single from my very first purchase from our host that I keep forgetting about. Still, the only Cohiba I've ever smoked is the Sig II.

Wow. I'm just realizing that I probably shouldn't get a vote until I try more. :D Guess I'll start watching for some 24:24 non-Cohibas in my wheelhouse that also offer 5/6 packs of Cohibas!

• Like 1

What ever is smoking best for me now is my favorite. I had a killer box of Siglo IVs that were my favorite but I'm into some Siglo IIIs now that are terrific. I guess I like them all. I'd have an easier time deciding what are my favorite marcas than what are my favorite vitals.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:47 PM, Lrabold89 said:

are? how do you figure? i see them everywhere...Vs lesss so, but theyre definitely not rare

I'd venture a guess that the five is of lowest producion among the series at current. Likely had always been over the years. Man, it's a Dalias! No one smokes Dalias today.

You still find them on and off, as it would look weird if there'd be a gap in the counting of the series (and it's the last Dalias with the P898). Plus it demands the largest wrapper. Was a way easier task to cut 'L&Ses' in the Le Hoyo series, since there's only names that can be replaced...

The fact that you see them atm isn't necessarily indicative of a high(er) production - it could likewise be proof of the fact that they are in lower demand, less buyers. As NSX points out, they have been pretty much missing for the best part of two-three years (seen them very briefly end of 2019).

That said, SigIII and V are my personal faves of the Siglo line. Plus - talking about "bang for buck", and yes, I would disagree as well :D - the III had always been the best value for me, ahead of the IV.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fugu said:

You still find them on and off, as it would look weird if there'd be a gap in the counting of the series

Yes, HSA really boxed themselves in there. They have cut numbered cigars in the past but now they're down to only one in the marca (Dip 2, HU 2) so there's no gaps. They also trimmed off the ends of some lines (Monte and Dip 6 & 7) so no gaps there. However they have cut a bunch of No. 1s (Boli Tubos, RyJ CdL.) I guess they just do whatever the hell they want...

Demand is no doubt lowest for the V but I'm sure they're still underproduced for demand. But why waste wrapper on a V when the demand for VI is off the charts. 

Funny enough, PE always seems to be available. Does anyone really buy PE regularly? I always thought the price was high but now they are cheaper than the VI!

• Like 1

I prefer Siglo I to medio siglo for consistency but a good medio Siglo is tasty. I just think that they need a few years (medio Siglo) for them to shine.  My absolute preference if I’m buying cohiba and spending that much cash is Siglo IV, which in my opinion can be smoked fresh. 

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Funny enough, PE always seems to be available. Does anyone really buy PE regularly? I always thought the price was high but now they are cheaper than the VI!

Judging by the popular Daily Smoking and Cuban Cigar Purchase thread in 2020, I would say that Cohiba Piramides Extras rarely come up in those threads.

• Like 2

New here and to CC’s but those Medios. Damn ROTT they sold me. Slowly amassing my aging collection. Still love reading these reviews from more experienced smokers. What few I have in my hands now are spot on. Loving this journey.

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

I prefer Siglo I to medio siglo for consistency but a good medio Siglo is tasty. I just think that they need a few years (medio Siglo) for them to shine.  My absolute preference if I’m buying cohiba and spending that much cash is Siglo IV, which in my opinion can be smoked fresh. 

I have some new lV’s and I can tell mine need age. Are you comparing new to aged? MY lV’s are no where near my Medios. Thanks for you comparative input. I’m to new to this to have any aged....anything.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Demand is no doubt lowest for the V but I'm sure they're still underproduced for demand. But why waste wrapper on a V when the demand for VI is off the charts. 

Absolutely!