What are you handing out right now when catching up with mates?

What are you handing out right now when catching up with mates?

I don't mean what you are handing out to unappreciative knobs......but mates, friends, your place or out at the social on a saturday arvo? Alternatively, in these CV19 times, what are you sending to people to try?

What are your current go to handing out cigars.....and why? :D

Backyard BBQs and Patios. Though Canadian weather is going to eventually make this too ridiculous to continue...

Edit: Sorry missed the question. Cohiba Coronas Especiales, Monte 2, Connie A, were the last three for me. Siglo III the next if I can get them in time.

Edit 2: As to why, not enough time with friends, especially these days, so want to make it special.

Padron 3000 or 4000.  Cause anybody can smoke those, and everyone likes them.  Readily available and not expensive but nicer than the crap they buy for themselves (“just got 50 of these for $80 on JR”).  For the friends who know better, and are special enough to warrant a proper stick, party shorts, or Monte2s, depending on time, setting, occasion.  

• Like 2

I've been lucky enough to attend a few get togethers with 3 or 4 Toronto area botl's this summer and for those occasions I handed out some '16 Cazzadores, '19 HU2, '15 Connie A...all bloody great smokes. Personally the Connie A might edge out the other two as tops but really splitting hairs. Amazing how well recent standard production is smoking.

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My friends are welcome to anything I’m carrying in my travel case. With the exception of @BTWheezy I’m normally the most knowledgeable habano guy in my crowd so I like to turn guys on to stuff that I think is great. 

• Like 2

If they're over to the house they get their pick from the Office Humi - and of course, I always describe what's smoking well right now.  If they want my opinion; I just ask if they want a mild, medium or fuller smoke:

Mild = HuP MAG 50's (ESL SEP-18) or PLMC (LGR AGO-17)

Medium = Monte #2 (UER JUL-18) or HdM Epi #2 (REG DIC-18)

Full = Boli PC (MSU MAY-19), Oliva Serie V Melania Robusto (2018) or Padron 64 Anniversary (2012)

Bolivar tubos no 3 and San Juan to Nick Russells birthday at Crown Towers  on the weekend. We took cigars along , no one else did . Tossers.

Sent these out to mate this morning in Melbourne , they should make him smile 

IMG20201022090532.jpg.b77b0f28ec267f8d7012462454483a39.jpg

• Like 3

You guys have friends? ? I have work to do...social in nature...improvements in order.

BBF, Epi 2, JLP Petit Cetros, Partagas Shorts and Serie P#2, Cohiba Shorts, Esplendido, Don Alejandro, the short Monte roughly 3.5" I forgot the vitola - media corona?, H Upmann Half Corona, Padron 6000 (9000? I can't remember,) OpusX Churchill though they call it something else, Siglo IV, there are others, SanCristobal El Principe, Oliva Master Blends Churchill, Fuente Exquisitos, Cohiba Medio Siglo, maybe a couple others I'm forgetting.

Perhaps I'm more generous than I thought, I'm surprised to write more than 3, I guess I don't think about it much.

The gift cigar choice is more about whatever I think the other person will like, hasn't had, or seems to fit them. Sometimes it's an occasion of a birth, new home, birthday, or simply a day to share time and the experience of a couple cigars together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

This one bloke in Perth i know is trying to hand me some rocky patel something or rather. Raves about their construction.... i need new mates... ?

Hey the construction is spot on perfect all the way through....to get through one is a task . One took two hrs of my life yesterday... yuck

• Haha 2

It really depends on their cigar knowledge/experience. Or not  

If they are looking for a label to talk about later but won’t smoke much of the cigar, it’ll usually be either a Monte 4 or Party PC. they will be happy and I won’t be wasting a cigar.

If it is a buddy with whom a smoke regularly or frankly someone who will smoke the whole cigar, I offer whatever I’m smoking. Or whatever is in my humidor upstairs. It’s fun to watch them explore new tastes. Boil PC or BBF is a,ways an eye opener. Trins across the board get good reception. JL 1 and 2 always a crowd pleaser. 

Funny how even a party short or other good minuto can be an eye opener. Plenty that swing above their weight class that surprise folks. 

so really I hand out whatever I’m smoking or has been pulled out of the rotating boxes in the basement. 

One of my good friends loves Cohiba Medio Siglos (I turned him onto those to begin with)... I had a smoke with him not too long ago. 

BRC. JL2s. Petit Royales. 

I told another friend who I introduced to Trinidad I only had 1 box of fundadores and I can't bring a full lot for him, his son, and his SIL to be. He said... They don't have to smoke what we smoke. LoL touché!

• Like 3

For friends who smoke cigars, I usually try to share whatever has been recently smoking really well. Here lately that’s been 19 mag 54, 18 JL2, and 18 RyJ ex no 4.  19 BPC, party shorts, and hoyo palmas extras (an underrated cigar, IMO) have also been performing well for me, but I prefer to share something a little fancier when I have the chance.

For friends who don’t regularly smoke, I try to consider strength and what they’ll be pairing it with. Last time I did this it was for a guy who was drinking a highlands scotch, went with a Connie 1 

ETA - I find that guys who don't really smoke cigars but do smoke cigarettes, tend to prefer a slightly stronger NC.  (Also, that’s how I was before I quit cigarettes and decreased my alcohol consumption).  So Tats, DE, AJ, whatever I have on hand 

D4s and petit edmundos. I always have plenty on hand, they are consistent, and everyone likes at least one of those two. For more special occasions, usually Monte 2 or CoRos.

Most of my friends don't smoke cigars.  The one that is a regular cigar smoker gets whatever CC I'm smoking and liking at the moment, nothing is off limits.  My brother in law is a cigarette smoker, but will smoke with me on occasion and likes something small.  I give him Party Shorts, Monte #4, BPC or PLPC.  He also likes Padrons.