List of known 2017 box codes for Talisman?

For a mate of mine who is the proud owner of a box of fakes given as a gift. 

2017 date coded Talisman. 

Throw out the box codes that you have seen.  While the box code is not the only alarm bell, it will be the one he will grasp the best. I need to console him tomorrow ;)

I don't dabble in such luxurious cigars yet, but I am good at google searches :)

UAO JUL 17 (direct link to the picture)

UAO JUL 17, TEO AUG 17 and BRE AUG 17 (supposedly, no pics)

MOL AGO 17 (0:37-0:40) (picture)

UAO SEP 17

MSU OCT 17 (no picture, but stated by Pres)

TRU OCT 17

RUM OCT 17

UTL OCT 17

BRE OCT 17

MSU NOV 17 no picture

BOP DIC 17 no picture

ATE DIC 17

LGR DIC 17 (no picture)

REG DIC 17

TEO DIC 17

UER DIC 17 (no picture)

TPO, FUM (probably 17 no picture, FUM is probably misspelling of RUM as I have seen no references to that code)

If his is 2017 dated you can ignore the below:

UAO DIC 18

UAO FEB 19

ATE SEP 19

UAO OCT 19

RAT NOV 19

Edit: Seems we have UAO, TEO, MOL, BRE, RAT many many codes

But BIG DIC 69 is still out, but RAT DIC 19 might be possible ?

Edit 2: If you have a jeweller's loupe, this would be a good test, should be pretty convincing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Pres... Is his box code 3 letters? Is it one you've ever seen on a box of Cubans in 2017? If so it looks like it might be on some box of Talisman :)

So far in 2017:

ATE, BOP, BRE, LGR, MOL, MSU, RUM, TEO, TPO, TRU, UAO, UER, UTL

(13 so far...)

In all seriousness ?, you can add ATE DIC 17 to the list. 

• 4 weeks later...
Pres... Is his box code 3 letters? Is it one you've ever seen on a box of Cubans in 2017? If so it looks like it might be on some box of Talisman
So far in 2017:
ATE, BOP, BRE, LGR, MOL, MSU, RUM, TEO, TPO, TRU, UAO, UER, UTL
(13 so far...)

You can add REG DIC 17, a box I got in Cuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, vhampl03 said:

Are the health warning stickers hard to pull off?  Or are you ignoring them?  ;)

Those stickers blow.  I’ve had some success getting them off using a razor blade and going VERY slow but I’ve also torn some dress boxes trying. I just leave them now...if someone found a golden method Id love to hear it.

Ha. I've learned to ignore them for now. I've got a new Upmann tin where they are irritating me greatly. When I can be arsed I'll get a hair dryer out, empty the tin and have a go. They certainly don't peel off cold!

Someone also suggested something called sticky stuff remover. No idea what it would do to a varnished SLB though.....

7 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Ha. I've learned to ignore them for now. I've got a new Upmann tin where they are irritating me greatly. When I can be arsed I'll get a hair dryer out, empty the tin and have a go. They certainly don't peel off cold!

Someone also suggested something called sticky stuff remover. No idea what it would do to a varnished SLB though.....

I’ve only had stickers on one box (this summer when FOH had the Spanish inventory) and it was a complete mess to remove...went slow with a razor but still left a sticky gooey mess behind....would love a better solution as well.......goofy politicians......

8 hours ago, vhampl03 said:

Are the health warning stickers hard to pull off?  Or are you ignoring them?  ;)

Hahaha, I can barely even see the labels with just plain text anymore they are so easy on the eyes compared to the Canadian stickers with potentially disturbing pictures on them. Thankfully I have never gotten any boxes with pictures that were too disturbing (bad teeth and bleeding gums representing mouth cancer was the worst), and I don't source much locally anymore.

My favourite is this one as the smoke looks kind of cool, and thankfully it's the one I've gotten the most often:

warnings-17.jpg

Man some of those OG 17s were rough looking ? I know the 18/19s got better, but yea...

One of life's greatest mysteries is how a wrapper on a UAO PSD4 (in its Rosato brilliance) can look 10x better than any EL I've ever seen, at like a fraction of the price. How could they not use the best wrappers for the highest-end sticks? The EL-maduro-wrapper-thing is straight whack.

Sorry for the rant ?

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, mprach024 said:

Those stickers blow.  I’ve had some success getting them off using a razor blade and going VERY slow but I’ve also torn some dress boxes trying. I just leave them now...if someone found a golden method Id love to hear it.

Blow dryer will make quick work of them usually

• Like 1