La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’Or No. 3/OSU 2000 (MPRW)

Been saving this one for a while and I have another unopened box on hand, but I sure hope the ones in the box have some moxy as this one was certainly past it’s prime.   That, or it had nothing to begin with.  Almost no scent from the foot (which never worries me), and after cutting notes a perfect draw with almost no discernible flavors (again, never worries me...).  Upon lighting I got concerned.  Noted very muted Smokey flavors including faint cedar, but that was essentially all their was.   For the entire stick.   No familiar Medaille D’Or Cuban twang.   No floral aspects, no fruit, no roasted nuts, or sweet tobacco flavors.    Just nothing unfortunately.    I tossed it shortly after entering the final third.  

Seems it was aged to death.    I’ll have a No. 4 on my commute tonight to relieve my disappointment.  

Sincere apologies for such a dismal review, but all I can say on a positive not was that it was well constructed, looked nice and burned well.  But without flavor you have nothing...

Score: 82

EEE7BD20-4B49-4BE0-BF29-A980454A8E32.jpeg.e1e4f863ac9049f42a7bf7282b8937ef.jpeg

7786E6BE-B3FE-482F-86CF-F354CDB88A20.jpeg.3f2fa106cbef922b3b3a25e8802b3071.jpeg

3C84C844-86CE-4E6D-ACAB-F450F139A2E4.jpeg.83ba630c0f41475d4c96a231220965f6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

That's a shame considering the appeal of this cigar and the MDO series in general. Perhaps the could have been some flavour value out of this cigar? If not than that would definitely be very disappointing.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Yeah. It stinks.  
My unopened box is a 2003.   Maybe it’s better.  
??

Did you get that mdo3 from me?

Edit: since this is apparently being interpreted as a joke, allow me to clarify. If you got it from me, I feel bad, and want to send you something to make up for it.

• Haha 2

On 10/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, cfc1016 said:

Did you get that mdo3 from me?

Edit: since this is apparently being interpreted as a joke, allow me to clarify. If you got it from me, I feel bad, and want to send you something to make up for it.

No idea, and no need.   
It happens.  ??‍♂️

• Like 1