How do celebrities source their CCs?

Last night I was reading CA and actor David Harbour was discussing his favorite CCs.  I started thinking - how do these celebs get them?  Not that it's hard of course, but do they buy online?  From travel?  Each one know somebody?  Is there a Hollywood "cigar guy" that sources for all of them?  I remember seeing a large NY lounge got in trouble once...maybe the high end lounges are the source?

Note: I'm talking about sources in general (not specific vendors) and this post was ok'd by @El Presidente  

I remember Laurence Davis speaking about Stephen Baldwin sourcing cigars through his business in a video recently. Vendors don't tend to name their customers for privacy reasons but I'd imagine a few of them (i.e. celebrities) get their stock through a personal relationship with prominent vendors.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I had him more under the category of famous clowns :clown2:

nice. is that your "wandering" mind again? 

i truly hate/detest clowns. i am convinced that a career as a clown is the next step for most defrocked priests. and a few that are yet to be defrocked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In an interview, Pete Johnson said in the 90's, when was still in retail, he used to go down from LA to near the US/Mexico boarder and had a guy that supplied CC.

Apparently Pete would open and check as many as he could, keep the best ones and distribute them across a small circle of folks he knew from the cigar shop he worked at.

I can imagine similar things still happening across high end cigar circles in LA.

They buy them the same ways we do.  Traveling (duty free), online, from friends, and retail.  They're really no different in that sense.  Just like celebrities going shopping for food, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

I'll ask Michael Jordan and post his answer.

I know a guy who claims to have sourced some stuff for him.  He's somewhat credible as he has a huge inventory of aged stock.  He told me he used to cross the border and shop at the various Toronto tobacco shops in the 80's and 90's.   While he did not actually meet Jordan face to face, he would get calls from his him or his office to discuss what he was looking for and whom he'd be sending to do the transaction.  He was one of many of Michael's sources apparently.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, joeypots said:

I'll ask Michael Jordan and post his answer.

I actually know who provides his cigars...not going to say, but it's not a trusted LCDH or anything like that (I'm sure he does buy from LCDHs when he travels though).

• Like 2