Have you mixed up your favourite Cigar beverage of late?


Recommended Posts

What are you drinking with your evening cigar this past month or two?

Rum and red (separately....I am not a complete heathen) have been my go to but lately I have fallen for the combination of good Italian Moscato and a cigar.  Just a glass....maybe a second over the weekend ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t been able to smoke any evening cigars lately. But usually it’s with either white wine in the warmer months and red wine in the colder months. Although I’ve found red wine pairs poorly with cigars. As much as cigars and wine have in common, I find the red wine overpowering. I only drink cabs and barberras so maybe that has something to do with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coffee or club soda.

Alcoholic beverage wise Vodka soda lime, but haven't had one in a while.

Edit: Beer occasionally. Generally nothing stronger as I find it affects the palate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coffee and a Cohiba Short in the mornings and ice water or Diet Squirt and a ‘regular’ cigar in the afternoons/evenings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KavalanWhisky said:

Cohiba Cognac and that went surprisingly well.

Such an irony with marketing these days. Something performs exactly as advertised and we think that it's "surprising". 😅 Certain "cigar malts" come to mind as well.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meklown said:

Such an irony with marketing these days. Something performs exactly as advertised and we think that it's "surprising". 😅 Certain "cigar malts" come to mind as well.

Well anything with Cohiba on the label as a partnership has me suspicious... ;)  Wouldn't normally have tried it but my friend had already opened the bottle so it would have been rude to deny his request for me to drink it.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of bottles of Legendario 9 year old rum fell into my lap recently, that has been very nice.

I was never a fan of the Legendario Elixir Liquer, too sweet for me, but the 9 year old is nice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I'm usually a beer drinker, I've been dabbling with a little red wine lately. 

Also I have just bought a bottle of Congnac. A Chateau De Montifaud Napoleon. Thought I needed a change up from the usual Bourbon and Rum. Thought I'd open it up for my Dad's 71st birthday coming up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 20 year armangac at the club that I love. Need to remind myself what it is so I can buy another. It is not aggressive on the palate which is crucial for the more delicate flavors. In the fall I also enjoy Zubrowka, a bison grass infused vodka, especially with a Cohiba or anything that is hay, grass, or cream dominated. 

As for mixed drinks, I'm a sucker for a mai tai, made with Agricole rum for added complexity. Kind of fights the cigar sometimes, but its great and refreshing.

Finally, fernet branca is a wonderful cigar companion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ying and Yang, To me peated whisky it the worst possible drink to pair with cigars.    That said, I'm growing to enjoy unpeated whiskies with cigars greatly. 

Next time a light up an R&J Exhibition No 4,  I'm going to have a bottle of this Arran Amarone cask finish in stock.   Love Arran whisky,  it's definitely coming of age.    The Amarone cask is supposed to have full rounded notes of cherry, and Turkish Delight, should be a perfect match. 

Can't wait. 

 

Arran-Amaron-Cask-Whisky.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dominattorney said:

I have a 20 year armangac at the club that I love. Need to remind myself what it is so I can buy another. It is not aggressive on the palate which is crucial for the more delicate flavors. In the fall I also enjoy Zubrowka, a bison grass infused vodka, especially with a Cohiba or anything that is hay, grass, or cream dominated. 

As for mixed drinks, I'm a sucker for a mai tai, made with Agricole rum for added complexity. Kind of fights the cigar sometimes, but its great and refreshing.

Finally, fernet branca is a wonderful cigar companion. 

Zubrowka is fantastic, one of the only vodkas that I find interesting enough to drink straight or with a big ice cube. As with Armagnac, I wish we saw a bigger supply here in the states. So much of the good stuff stays in Europe for domestic consumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usual is rum, beer, and coffee

Just bought a case of OJ due to your Fohrensics video that I found after your water test video that I watched for the weekly contest.  Never thought they'd go well, but was a pleasant surprise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GolfT3 said:

Zubrowka is fantastic, one of the only vodkas that I find interesting enough to drink straight or with a big ice cube. As with Armagnac, I wish we saw a bigger supply here in the states. So much of the good stuff stays in Europe for domestic consumption.

True that. Also we can't get legitimate zubrowka either. Damn nanny state keeping us safe. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been mixing up the ingredients for my Negronis lately.

Different apertivos, vermouths and gins. Whole world to discover out there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madeira..particularly from the Terrantez grape.  I've worked through many bottles of H&H 20yr with fine CC's.  It's a great pairing.  

Vintage Port also works well.

 

f167218d-23e7-4efe-9d02-3c53516827a3.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.