Kenfessions: The Fraser Island Mix - Part 1.

The Fraser Island Mix - Part 1.

For decades, I've been making the annual sojourn to Fraser Island with the guys. Occasionally, get up there twice a year, but normally, 6 to 10 of us head up just the once. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

The usual format, these days, is that we sort out vehicles etc, we have a treasurer and a quartermaster (although many is the year we have gone up with 25 different cheeses, 16 different olives etc etc, and forgotten the toilet paper). Most of us go to a mate’s fabulous house on a hill behind Cooroy for the Friday evening, a couple of hours north of Brizzy. A cigar overlooking the lake, dinner, drinks, and then we all crash and head up the next day. Another couple of hours to the tiny town of Rainbow Bay and on to Inskip Point, nothing more than a spit of sand, where we catch the car ferry to the bottom of the Island. The trip is only about 15 minutes and some years see queues of many, even hundreds, of cars on one side or both. The things you see waiting or while on the ferry can be spectacular and... continue to full article.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

I would love to check out your spot, but I doubt I could afford the airfare! (Fly fishing guides in Colorado dont make that much)

Post some pics so I can live vicariously!

CHEERS

more pics coming part two. it is a great part of the world but then there are a heap of pl;aces in canada i am keen to fish and the same issue - cost (well, and the virus at the moment). 

10 hours ago, VKUTT said:

I would love to check out your spot, but I doubt I could afford the airfare! (Fly fishing guides in Colorado dont make that much)

Post some pics so I can live vicariously!

CHEERS

As a struggling fly fisherman who enjoys cigars, I could use your help. You got a link to a site you can PM me? 

On 10/30/2020 at 12:33 AM, Ken Gargett said:

more pics coming part two. it is a great part of the world but then there are a heap of pl;aces in canada i am keen to fish and the same issue - cost (well, and the virus at the moment). 

Yes Ken you need to make it to Canada for a fishing trip. I've made at least 20. Some much cheaper than others. I have fished Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Nunavut above Arctic Circle. Its incredible country! 

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic