RIP Sir Sean Connery

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep, while in the Bahamas, having been "unwell for some time", his son said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

• Sad 6

Sad to see him go. RIP Sean. Besides Bond I loved The Name Of The Rose and The Man Who Would be king. 

B9258EA3-1308-4216-8416-BC19CAE6127D_4_5005_c.jpeg

I'm not one for mourning every celebrity. Most of them are more hype than product.   but good god!  A world without that man. Without that character. Without that voice.  I feel some how strangely vulnerable. Like we are without the worlds most debonair. Charismatic spy. 

Somewhere deep in Mother Russia there is a ballerina/asassin sat in front of a roaring fire all alone. 

Rest in Peace Sean. A simple man in a simple time. But of amazing achievements........Bond.......James Bond!

• Like 2

One of my favorite actors. Loved him in so many movies. Most everyone is familiar with his iconic roles but I loved him in Highlander. 

I like the idea that the Bond you click with is the first one you saw.

To me Sean was Indiana Jones Sr first, the SAS veteran from The Rock, even King Arthur from First Knight before he was associated to me with Bond. But I grew to love his Bond over the years and remade that association (Bronson didn't do much to help).

A true character in an increasingly character-less world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I think this very true. but what is also true is that he wasn't perfect,  far from it.  Multiple accounts of hitting women he had relationships with is part and parcel of the person he was. or was raised to be. 

I think this is a great lesson to us all.   It's a great goal for us collectively to aspire to greatness.....however we often fall very short. we are human, we are fallible. 

Much like the 1950's standards,  things that we think are perfectly fine now, will evolve and move forward.   It's only ever right to judge people by the standards of their own time. 

We must learn to somehow combine not being boring bastards, with also being decent human beings......currently most of us may be decent, but maybe not that interesting!!.......thats a problem

• Like 1

I loved him in "The Rock"
"personally.... I think you're a f-ing idiot"
Wonderful 

Agree, he was great in that movie and THE 007.

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One heckuva run. I've nothing eulogistic to add to what's already been said. I gotta admit though, my fondest memory of him (his acting, anyway) was watching him summarily trounce a man thrice his size using only his thumb, in 'The Presidio'. Classic.

4 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I like the idea that the Bond you click with is the first one you saw.

To me Sean was Indiana Jones Sr first, the SAS veteran from The Rock, even King Arthur from First Knight before he was associated to me with Bond. But I grew to love his Bond over the years and remade that association (Bronson didn't do much to help).

Indiana Jones Sr, my earliest memory of him.