Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas ATE SEP 18 (MC2020RW)*

Nice review.  I can tell this is one of your favorites.  I've got a box resting but you may have convinced me to pull the first one out.

9 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Good to see Monte Dumas delivered some flavor to you @dan benhamou! I had Dumas a long time ago and it was quite good, but not great as similar sized CCs IMHO. Among Monte 1935 Linea, I prefer Leyenda the most. What about you?

I do believe the the RASS or jl2 are for sure better value, i have found the dumas to be very consistent and one of the richest cuban cigars.

Dumas is my favourite in that line, most intensity and concentrated flavour, i do enjoy the leyenda, just not as much.

• Like 1

Interesting, I tried these when they were released and thought the Leyenda was the best and picked up a couple of boxes but I'm tempted to find another Dumas to see if they are how you describe as who doesn't want Melted Cadbury's chocolate with cream and coffee...you are basically describing all the flavours I want + almond notes...

14 hours ago, dan benhamou said:

I do believe the the RASS or jl2 are for sure better value, i have found the dumas to be very consistent and one of the richest cuban cigars.

Dumas is my favourite in that line, most intensity and concentrated flavour, i do enjoy the leyenda, just not as much.

Interesting to hear @dan benhamou! To me, it's opposite to your experience although it ain't bad CC at all TBH.

10 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:

Interesting, I tried these when they were released and thought the Leyenda was the best and picked up a couple of boxes but I'm tempted to find another Dumas to see if they are how you describe as who doesn't want Melted Cadbury's chocolate with cream and coffee...you are basically describing all the flavours I want + almond notes...

In my experience this is very much a milk chocolate dominated cigar, so much so that it’s difficult to find another CC that is so rich with one distinct flavour, from what i remember I believe rob and kenny had A similar Experience with it in the sense that they found it very heavy on the chocolate aspect, in my opinion if you are a milk chocolate fan this is a MUST purchase. 

1 minute ago, dan benhamou said:

Don’t give up on this cigar, as I mentioned, I’m not even a big monte fan This cigar just really does it for me. 

Thanks buddy! I also like Monte 1 and 4 other than Linea 1935 ?

Just now, Connoisseur Kim said:

Thanks buddy! I also like Monte 1 and 4 other than Linea 1935 ?

Other than the Linea 1935 the Monte I consistently reach for is the petit edmundo. I’m a big believer that montecristo is a brand that demands a darker shade of wrapper in order to deliver optimal smoking experience. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dan benhamou said:

Other than the Linea 1935 the Monte I consistently reach for is the petit edmundo. I’m a big believer that montecristo is a brand that demands a darker shade of wrapper in order to deliver optimal smoking experience. 

Surprisingly I never had any Edmundos at all, while I already had Monte 1 and 4, Dumas and Leyenda. I really like flavor profile of Monte 1, 4 and Leyenda. Will try Monte with darker wrapper in someday.

17 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

Boxes of 18/19 Linea 1935s (all sizes) will go down as CC legends one day IMO. Put some boxes away...

I remember smoking them around their initial release In summer 2017, they were a lot more herbal and spicy, I’m happy that examples I have smoked since then Have been a lot more true To the montecristo brand. 

The Dumas was the first box of CC that I purchased while in Europe after a multi-decade long hiatus in the NC world. I was amazed at the flavors and they forced me to jump back in with both feet. Have half a box left and I dread when they are finally gone. But I keep seeing them in the humidor, calling my name every time I open it up.