Smoking technique

22 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

I have noticed significant flavour improvements by a new smoking technique. Smoking a cigar, resting cigar on a stool that i think i made in high school woodwork. So you can imagine the quality of the product is in line with Habanos quality control.

Smoking a RG Perlas, its ok, id say a solid 7/10 this particualr example. Cigar rolls off, falls almost a metre to the floor. dust it off, take a puff, amazing flavours, 9/10. Continue smoking... goes back to becoming a 7/10. Cigar rolls off again. Dust it off, take a puff, 9/10 again!

Could this be a new smoking technique? Throw the cigar on the floor, pick it up, take a puff?

No drugs have been consumed in the writing of, or prior to the writing of this post. 

Better get another x-ray of your noggin. That bike accident has done more damage than you first thought! :P

You know very well that one cigar is not a large enough sampling. I suggest you repeat this experiment at least 100 times with multiple different marcas, taking detailed notes at each stage, and if possible, video records of the experiment. You will also need to smoke another 100 cigars without dropping them, as your control. After that, you need to drop the cigar from different heights, Will a 90cm drop have any impact to flavour compared with a 110cm drop? What about an 80cm drop? Or a 200cm drop? Drop head down, foot first, or landing flat? Many variables to go through.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Better get another x-ray of your noggin. That bike accident has done more damage than you first thought! :P

You know very well that one cigar is not a large enough sampling. I suggest you repeat this experiment at least 100 times with multiple different marcas, taking detailed notes at each stage, and if possible, video records of the experiment. You will also need to smoke another 100 cigars without dropping them, as your control. After that, you need to drop the cigar from different heights, Will a 90cm drop have any impact to flavour compared with a 110cm drop? What about an 80cm drop? Or a 200cm drop? Drop head down, foot first, or landing flat? Many variables to go through.

Is this the next weekly review thread's topic? Because I have seen all the wildlife that runs across my porch and will happily sit this round out.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Also drop into water from various heights to combine experiments.....

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

I have noticed significant flavour improvements by a new smoking technique. Smoking a cigar, resting cigar on a stool that i think i made in high school woodwork. So you can imagine the quality of the product is in line with Habanos quality control.

Smoking a RG Perlas, its ok, id say a solid 7/10 this particualr example. Cigar rolls off, falls almost a metre to the floor. dust it off, take a puff, amazing flavours, 9/10. Continue smoking... goes back to becoming a 7/10. Cigar rolls off again. Dust it off, take a puff, 9/10 again!

Could this be a new smoking technique? Throw the cigar on the floor, pick it up, take a puff?

No drugs have been consumed in the writing of, or prior to the writing of this post. 

Lol

Maybe it’s the dust picked up off the floor that’s improving the taste.  Try just rolling it around on the ground next time without the drop.  You could try all kinds of different debris, like garden soil, kitty litter, sawdust, captain crunch crumbs, etc

• Haha 1