Are you a Cigar Walker?

5 hours ago, sho671 said:

Why not?

True, I’ve been unclear - it’s from the group of „small cigars” per definition. < 3 g, Tripa Corta, mecanizado. Different smoking, for me, for sure.

I've tried it a few times, usually to add some Vitamin N to "pacing" I'm doing out of stress more than walking for it's own sake (which I love). I always felt the cigar was wasted, and don't make that mistake anymore. Aside from the two clashing, the breeze and jarring caused by walking almost invariably create burn problems. 

I enjoy it, especially in the fall. Although I would add that I usually prefer a strong and simple smoke for this purpose. Burn through some NCs, especially Nicaraguans, this way. Sometimes it’s nice to have the smoke be secondary and not require constant focus. Adds to the walk but doesn’t distract you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sho671 said:

Why not?

For me, the small club cigars are more impulsive of a smoke much like a cigarette.  A cigar needs some time to take in and enjoy.

5 hours ago, GolfT3 said:

I enjoy it, especially in the fall. Although I would add that I usually prefer a strong and simple smoke for this purpose. Burn through some NCs, especially Nicaraguans, this way. Sometimes it’s nice to have the smoke be secondary and not require constant focus. Adds to the walk but doesn’t distract you.

Agree on this completely.  A good friend and I get together every few weeks and walk his dog (Alaskan Malamute) and then sit and chat while we finish our cigars.  For these evenings I take a reliable “no drama” NC, usually a Curivari or Padron 000’s series that’s solid but doesn’t require a lot of focus.

• Like 1

Did this yesterday. Lockdown no.2 here and sitting working all week and nice weather yesterday culminated in a walk for a couple hours. Grabbed a Cuaba Exclusivos 2015. I kept the walk slow enough to the annoyance of SWMBO but there were some up slopes which increased the breathing rate. Cigar was a bit spicy so smoked slowly anyway. Plenty of people on the paths and park, not one complaint. Definitely passed the time quicker with the cigar. Enjoyed it, but much prefer to be relaxed, perhaps walk somewhere break with a cigar, coffee, sandwich, walk back. Enjoyed the cigar but of course lots of chat and distractions. Not something I'd do with a higher value or longer cigar. And I wouldn't light up if the walk is any more work than that. But was nice cigar and nice walk. Never say never again.

IMG_20201107_143053.jpg

IMG_20201107_150853.jpg

IMG_20201107_143103.jpg

IMG_20201107_151959.jpg

• Like 2

I come from a long line of cigar sitters.  Although I'm a Swede, my given Native American name is Sits n' Smokes.  I am called upon to carry the traditions of my forefathers.  While the rest of you can walk if you want, I have no real choice here.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like to be still and present while enjoying a cigar. I am more observant that way. 

If I'm walking the dogs, or even playing poker ill light up a NC

I don't always have a place to sit and smoke, since I don't have a place at home, so sometimes walking is necessary. When I do, it always involves stopping somewhere to sit and enjoy the cigar. But, 100% of the time I prefer not walking while I smoke.