How Many Boveda 320g Packs and Hygrometers Are Needed?

Connoisseur Kim

How many Boveda 320g 65RH packs and hygrometers (Wireless Sensor Tag Pro ALS) are needed if I use Coleman 150 Quart Offshore Pro Series Marine Cooler horizontally? I have a plan for buying cigar cabinet from Raching, but have a backup Coolidor project in case I'm unable to get cigar cabinet.

What's the function of said cooler? Is this going to be to put monthly orders in to take a long nap? Or is this going to be your daily humidor opening and closing multiple times a day?

If the former, a single 320 will do it - in fact, you may have to take it out for a day every couple months to release moisture depending on how wet your cigars ship.

If the later, one would probably still do it, but you might want a second staged to rotate in as the other comes to need recharging.

6 hours ago, SoCal Gunner said:

What's the function of said cooler? Is this going to be to put monthly orders in to take a long nap? Or is this going to be your daily humidor opening and closing multiple times a day?

If the former, a single 320 will do it - in fact, you may have to take it out for a day every couple months to release moisture depending on how wet your cigars ship.

If the later, one would probably still do it, but you might want a second staged to rotate in as the other comes to need recharging.

I'm going to use a cooler as a coolidor, so it'll be both daily and long term storage one. I might put 3 Boveda 320g packs for more efficiency, since it's more effective than using one 320g pack for large cooler like this.

I use 5 67 gram packs in each of my coolers. I prefer using 5 67g vs 1 320g because I can place them in different parts of the cooler, spread them out. 

1 hour ago, NicPac said:

I use 5 67 gram packs in each of my coolers. I prefer using 5 67g vs 1 320g because I can place them in different parts of the cooler, spread them out. 

To me, I prefer using 320g packs over 60g packs for 150qt Coolidors, since it's simpler than buying tons of 60g packs. BTW, will 2 hygros enough for horizontally placed 150qt coolidor (top & bottom)?

18 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

How many Boveda 320g 65RH packs and hygrometers (Wireless Sensor Tag Pro ALS) are needed if I use Coleman 150 Quart Offshore Pro Series Marine Cooler horizontally? I have a plan for buying cigar cabinet from Raching, but have a backup Coolidor project in case I'm unable to get cigar cabinet.

Which Raching are you going for? I love mine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lunettesman said:

Which Raching are you going for? I love mine

I'll go for Raching C330A, but with 3 drawers only (top, mid, and bottom) for box storage exclusive. They make custom cigar cabinet too based on BOTLs request. BTW, are their cabinets quite pricey?

Just now, Connoisseur Kim said:

I'll go for Raching C330A, but with 3 drawers only (top, mid, and bottom) for box storage exclusive. They make custom cigar cabinet too based on BOTLs request. BTW, are their cabinets quite pricey?

I bought mine new on auction here and got a crazy price. I wrote s review on FOH if you re interested

3 minutes ago, Lunettesman said:

I bought mine new on auction here and got a crazy price. I wrote s review on FOH if you re interested

I remember you bought precision one, which is more expensive than climate controlled ones. Saw Raching C330A on Alibaba and it costs $900 though.