Cohiba Siglo II NO BOX DATE (FTRW)

Love Cohiba!  Just don’t love the price, for years I used to find them worth the extra but now I struggle.  I’ll buy the odd box of Sig IV, or CoRo when I see quality at a good price.  But, $900 for Espys?  Are they great, yes, but I’d happily buy a box of Winstons and Lusitanias for roughly same cost, and get similar if not more enjoyment.  So my Cohiba inventory continues to dwindle, don’t see that changing soon either because when I want to buy super premium I tend to jump on Trinidad’s first before Cohiba.  Just wish Trini’s would stop this 12ct box BS.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Love Cohiba!  Just don’t love the price, for years I used to find them worth the extra but now I struggle.  I’ll buy the odd box of Sig IV, or CoRo when I see quality at a good price.  But, $900 for Espys?  Are they great, yes, but I’d happily buy a box of Winstons and Lusitanias for roughly same cost, and get similar if not more enjoyment.  So my Cohiba inventory continues to dwindle, don’t see that changing soon either because when I want to buy super premium I tend to jump on Trinidad’s first before Cohiba.  Just wish Trini’s would stop this 12ct box BS.  

Agree...Topes and Esmeralda are ~ $21 and for that price you’re in CoRo range.  I think the 12 count box brings the price down where people don’t feel the pain as much.

I love the MS and my current dilemma is whether the Vigia and/or ML are equally good...since they’re both in that ~$15x price per stick.

• Like 2

So far for me the CoRo has been hit and miss. A few have been spectacular. A few have been average. Siglo III has been decent but not worth the money. The Esplendido and Siglo VI were truly special cigars and worth the money for an occasional treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, NickV said:

The Esplendido and Siglo VI were truly special cigars and worth the money for an occasional treat.

Yeah when you score a good example of these, you’re right it is like another plain you’ve arrived.  Occasional treat is exactly where they fall for me, I usually have some on hand, and I’ll smoke a couple a year.  Not a cigar that’s going to make up much of my inventory.  Sig IVs and CoRos find a more common place in my rotation.  One every few weeks, either/or taking turns.  Wish I could smoke Sig VIs that often, and used to, and (Behikes!), just not any more those days are gone.  

• Like 1