Cohiba lanceros 1970 - 1980s

Dawo12

Hi! 

New to the forum! Writing to you from Sweden. 

Started smoking cigars last year so I'm kind of new to this wonderful world. 

Yesterday i got a box of cigars that come from a estate. The late owner says they have been bought around 40 years ago. 

I have googled and have a idea that it comes from around 1970 - 1980. 

Take a look and see what you think about these. Are they genuine? 

Best regards David. 

IMG_20201115_213630.jpg

IMG_20201115_183205.jpg

IMG_20201115_183157.jpg

IMG_20201115_182946.jpg

IMG_20201115_182936.jpg

30 minutes ago, Dawo12 said:

Are they genuine? 

Sadly these diplomatic Cohibas, are heavily faked, there is a chance that the box is real,  but the bad signs are

- the cello looks to clean

- the cello should not me open at the foot, and should fold under the cigar by about 2cm

- the cigar itself looks very rough

Considering how widely these are faked,  I'd would say there is a 95% chance these are fake. 

Could you please upload a picture of the black habanos stamp,  this often done with badly stamped black ink on the fake boxes. 

I do think the box is probably original 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 99call said:

Sadly these diplomatic Cohibas, are heavily faked, there is a chance that the box is real,  but the bad signs are

- the cello looks to clean

- the cello should not me open at the foot, and should fold under the cigar by about 2cm

- the cigar itself looks very rough

Considering how widely these are faked,  I'd would say there is a 95% chance these are fake. 

Could you please upload a picture of the black habanos stamp,  this often done with badly stamped black ink on the fake boxes. 

I do think the box is probably original 

Hey, thanks for your reply! 

Sad to hear that! Did they fake cigars already in the 1980s or is it a later copy?

The box has no stamp on the back of it. 

I bought a humidor with all the cigars in it. Don't think the seller would lie to me so assume he did not know his father bought fakes... 

Also got a unopened box of these in the deal, what I can tell they are form the end of 50s - 60s? 

Any clues on this one? 

IMG_20201116_165832.jpg

Screenshot_20201116_170156.jpg

Screenshot_20201116_170141.jpg

45 minutes ago, Dawo12 said:

Hey, thanks for your reply! 

Sad to hear that! Did they fake cigars already in the 1980s or is it a later copy?

The box has no stamp on the back of it. 

I bought a humidor with all the cigars in it. Don't think the seller would lie to me so assume he did not know his father bought fakes... 

Also got a unopened box of these in the deal, what I can tell they are form the end of 50s - 60s? 

Any clues on this one? 

Check out the the Cuban Cigar Website link, you will easily be able to date your box.   

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/packaging/information#Box_Stamps

Yes, there are examples of fakes that go back to the 1960's

I'm not saying your Cohiba's are 100% fakes.   I'm just saying these diplomatic boxes are faked in large numbers, and the cello and quality of the cigars themselves, look off, and likely fake.  

Again your box looks legit, but evidence of the following techniques of fakers has been seen over and over

- Reboxing of non-original cigars into original boxes

- Banding fake cigars, with original unused factory stock cigar bands sold in bulk on the internet

- People removing seals of original boxes, and placing them on other boxes

- People sanding cabinets, SBN boxes, re lacquering them, etc etc

Basically anything you can imagine in terms of fakery is currently taking place in multiple places around the world.

Along with Eplendidos, Robusto's, Behike's I would say these diplomatic boxes are the most widespread Cohiba boxes/cigars. 

99call. 

Thank you very much for your time and help with this! 

I will assume they are fake and cut one open and see if they looks OK to smoke, then maby I will light one and give them a try.

Atleast I will get to enjoy the quinteros :)

Best regards David