Farach Farachitos

In my searches this morning  I came across this old empty box of Farach Farachitos. 

1.jpg

2.jpg4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

So what is a "Farachito"

A quick search found a full review here at HalfWheel

https://halfwheel.com/vintage-smoke-review-1950s-farach-farachitos-pre-embargo/9470/

Worth the read :cigar:

In short (excuse the pun) 

Farach Farachitos 1.png

• Cigar Reviewed: Farach Farachitos
  • Country of Origin: Cuba
  • Wrapper: Cuba
  • Binder: Cuba
  • Filler: Cuba
  • Size: 3 1/4 Inches
  • Ring Gauge: 34
  • Vitola: Perfecto
  • Est. Price: n/a
  • Date Produced: Mid 1950s

• Thanks 2

"The cold draw was musky and dry, as I expected, but there was a flavor I had never tasted before in a cigar and I spent quite a while trying to pinpoint it, without much success. I hoped that I would have more luck when I lit it up and was not disappointed.

After lighting the stick, I did not get any pepper or spice, but instead, that unnamed flavor from the cold draw was back, but with a vengeance. It was overwhelming any other flavors that could be there, and I finally put my finger on. It tasted kind of like what I would imagine smoking a old rolled up newspaper would taste like. Not totally unpleasant, if only because I had never tasted it before, but I knew it could get very annoying if I did not start getting some other flavors."

I like how hopeful he is about such a flavour in the beginning... At least the burn and draw were good :)

• Thanks 1

JR Cigars on 5th Ave was selling these about 20 years ago... they were in the basement "vault" - it was an old bank. 

Jerry, my favorite JR "advisor" to whom I would bring CCs to on every single visit, gifted me with a few of these Farachs (mine were like perfecto size). I was disappointed. It was cool to smoke 1958 cigars on New Year's Eve, but I thought they were really bland. I remember that my 5 pack was wrapped in cellophane. Anyways, a tourist purchased about 10 box of 50. They were 750USD each. I thought it was insane to spend so much on cigars... I was about 23. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, treberty said:

JR Cigars on 5th Ave was selling these about 20 years ago... they were in the basement "vault" - it was an old bank. 

Jerry, my favorite JR "advisor" to whom I would bring CCs to on every single visit, gifted me with a few of these Farachs (mine were like perfecto size). I was disappointed. It was cool to smoke 1958 cigars on New Year's Eve, but I thought they were really bland. I remember that my 5 pack was wrapped in cellophane. Anyways, a tourist purchased about 10 box of 50. They were 750USD each. I thought it was insane to spend so much on cigars... I was about 23. 

Yeah, I remember the vault with the La Farach sticks. Think it was the Palmeras. 

They must have found a master case, or at least a fair number of boxes.

Never bothered. Kind of like Corona Cigar in Orlando.

Aged cigars whose conditions look suspect at almost 4 digits a pop not a go for me....

• Like 1