Your FOH 2020 Cigar of the Year Nominations?

Your regular

RASS

Your Specialty Production Cigar of the Year (2017 - 2020 production). 

Trinidad La Trova

Your Best New Release (2019/2020 production )

Trinidad Esmeralda

Your Most Improved (2017 - 2020 production)

Magnum 54

Your Mr. Dependable Award (2017-2020 production) 

Partagas D4

• Like 3

Your Regular Production Cigar of the Year    (2017 - 2020 production). 

• Cohiba Robusto. After a shaky 16/early 17, these came raging back to life in late 17/18/19. Some of the prettiest wrappers I've ever seen (especially Summer 19 El Laguito examples). Despite the price, I'm constantly blown away by the consistency of the creamy tones juxtaposed with the silent power of these. Only Cuba can roll this magic.

Your Specialty Production Cigar of the Year   (2017 - 2020 production). 

• La Gloria Cubana Orgullosos. What dreams & unicorn tears are made of, all wrapped in the glorious 109 format.

Your Best New Release  (2019/2020 production )

• No notable cigars, IMO. Honorable (bending the rules) mention, Trinidad La Trova. While technically a late 17 release, this gave the marca a big dog vitola & are so fun to smoke. 18/19 examples have been gorgeous.

• Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 1. The 18/19s have blown me away (particularly La Corona boxes), and I'm a believer now...can't stop smoking them. Coronas Gordas for life.

• Por Larranga Petite Coronas. As as I always say, you can't have too many cabs of these. Dense young, and ages as good as any CC at any price. Caramel dreams.
  • Like 3

Your  Regular Production Cigar of the Year    (2017 - 2020 production). Esplendido has been knocking it out of the park 

• excluding special releases, regional's  and Edicion Limitada's. 

Your Specialty Production Cigar of the Year   (2017 - 2020 production). Punch 8-9-8

• special releases
  • regionals
  • edicion limitadas

Your Best New Release  (2019/2020 production ) Punch Short DePunch

Your Most Improved (2017 - 2020 production) Upmann no 2 - Darker wrapper = outstanding!

• which cigar by weight of performance has rocketed into your rotation this year. 

Your Mr. Dependable Award (2017-2020 production) Fundadores - never had a clunker

• which cigar is your loyal brown dog. The one that just turns up and does his job honestly day in and day out
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Your  Regular Production Cigar of the Year    (2017 - 2020 production). Esplendido has been knocking it out of the park 

• excluding special releases, regional's  and Edicion Limitada's. 

Your Specialty Production Cigar of the Year   (2017 - 2020 production). Punch 8-9-8

• special releases
  • regionals
  • edicion limitadas

Your Best New Release  (2019/2020 production ) Punch Short DePunch

Your Most Improved (2017 - 2020 production) Upmann no 2 - Darker wrapper = outstanding!

• which cigar by weight of performance has rocketed into your rotation this year. 

Your Mr. Dependable Award (2017-2020 production) Fundadores - never had a clunker

• which cigar is your loyal brown dog. The one that just turns up and does his job honestly day in and day out

Got the copy paste part correct but you missed a step!  ?

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Got the copy paste part correct but you missed a step!  ?

Because I posted my cigar selections in the same bold font?  Not sure what you mean

Fascinating thread for sure. While I have been smoking 5 or so a week since the pandemic hit, I don’t know that I have covered enough ground over the past several years to make a meaningful comment. One observation for me is that components outside of the cigar can influence the experience everything from the desire/expectations to food/weather etc.  

With that said, what do I instinctively grab when I’m undecided for a cigar I know I will enjoy (Mr Reliable). It’s a crowded field : BBF; BPC, JL2, MAG46, Epi 1. I just don’t know if I will ever have enough of these in my collection. 

And for those 30 min breaks, I have a box of 17 RASC that are on fire. 

While there are a few notable absences given high market demand here and elsewhere, I was interested to note the lack/limited of Quai D 50 call outs. Just ordered my first box so I may soon find out ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Pleased to see another mention of Epi 1.......also, yea remember when the qdo 50 was selling out like crazy and everyone was nuts over them? Lol

Agreed on the QD50. I thought I was lucky to grab a 10 box a few months ago given the hype, but on 24:24 just 2 days ago they did not sell out at all, even with a 2 box deal. Maybe the dust has settled, so to speak

Your  Regular Production Cigar of the Year    (2017 - 2020 production). 

• Partagas D4

• ERDM RE Formosa

• Trinidad Media Luna

• RASS

• Cohiba Siglo IV
  • Like 3

Man what a tough question...if forced to choose just one, I'll go with H Upmann #2

Ramon Allones Superiores - I'm with the previous poster that suggested the Superiores. I haven't had much experience with specialty production this year but if the Superiores counts, it gets my vote. Splendid RA signature profile with some very interesting complexities going on.

Haven't had any new releases although I would love to try the new RA!

R&J Churchill - each one seems better than the last!

Por Larranaga Montecarlos - tasty treats when young, consistent performer and AFFORDABLE!

• Like 4

Montecristo #2

Ramon Allones Superiores. These have all been good to me as well this year. My 18' La Trova's are good but got lighter as they aged. RAS has been great every time.

N/A - I have nothing new from this year. I didn't see the need.

Montecristo #2. The one's that I had that where pre 2017 to the fresh 19' boxes I have been smoking have been way better. I'd say the biggest improvement is fuller body and not some so muted. I've been really enjoying these.

Tie Juan Lopez No. 1 / RG Perlas -  99% of these two have been great this year. 

• Like 4