H Upmann Magnum 46 TAU ABR 19 (49SRW)

Just now, ChangBang said:

Nice review!  I was under the impression that these needed to age for 3-5+ before they were good.  I may have to smoke the single I have now!

Nope!! They're stronger but the flavor well balanced with no harshness. The last box I had smoked brilliantly between 1-2 years of the box date! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think it's the best vitola. PP, Mag 46, and the Siglo IV all have a place in my smoking rotation. Not too big, not too small, not too fat, not too skinny. And when someone stops by my studio its takes just the right amount of time to smoke, about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

I think it's the best vitola. PP, Mag 46, and the Siglo IV all have a place in my smoking rotation. Not too big, not too small, not too fat, not too skinny. And when someone stops by my studio its takes just the right amount of time to smoke, about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. 

Agreed! I want to add a box of JL1’s as well, word is the 19 production is phenomenal! 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:49 PM, joeypots said:

Agree!  Corona gorda is absolutely my favorite vitola

On 12/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Agreed! I want to add a box of JL1’s as well, word is the 19 production is phenomenal! 

Epi 1s as well. Those are also smoking the house down.  Rob and Ken should do Corona gordas for their video reviews at some point. Outside of the pyramids it seems this size has been some of the most consistent performers.  

On 12/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Corona gordas in my limited experience are my favorite vitola as well.  Heard the JL1 UTL 19s are supposed to be really good as well, and was lucky to score a box myself. From all the reviews on the JL1s though, seems like it’s remarkably consistently well reviewed regardless across different dates/codes.