Anyone bring cigars back to the US recently?

11 hours ago, jerrybrowne said:

Just spoke to some friends who live in Havana and it seems the cigar shops are converting prices from CUC to USD. 

What's really crazy is that they don't accept cash any longer. Only credit card. Not sure how Americans are supposed to buy boxes.  Hope this all gets sorted out soon.

You hand over your credit card, they come back in about an hour, and you get your box. Then hope you have a good mobile connection to cancel all those "extra" charges or receive calls from your CC provider. :lol3:

• Haha 2
You hand over your credit card, they come back in about an hour, and you get your box. Then hope you have a good mobile connection to cancel all those "extra" charges or receive calls from your CC provider. :lol3:

But US credit cards don’t work in Cuba. I think this even includes the one from the Florida bank that used to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 5 months later...

I was in Cuba January 2020. The Hotel Nacional LCDH store was stocked full! I was restricted by my wife (and cash on hand) to $450 worth of product. But they had huge piles of every brand. It was crazy seeing that, I was paralyzed by the selection. Made out with a good selection of 3-packs. At that time, the tourist level was low as the US govt had ended cruise ships docking in Havana, so they hadn't swarmed the cigar shops. Kinda sad. But we had a great guided tour of western Cuba. I will go back. US Customs never asked about my cigars. I could have brought back way more, nobody looked!

• Like 1