H.Upmann Sir Winston vs Romeo y Julieta Churchills

28 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Don’t know when you guys had your last Churchills, but I suggest, grab a 2016 tubo - smoke - report back...

I concur. I shared the same sentiment about the quality of Romeo y Julieta Churchills from 2016 onwards with a dear friend (and experienced cigar enthusiast) just yesterday in casual conversation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Don’t know when you guys had your last Churchills, but I suggest, grab a 2016 tubo - smoke - report back...

Haven't had a chance to try my Anejado which is from 2007.  It will be interesting to compare them to the 2019's I purchased.

14 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I haven't seen them anywhere all year.

I saw them for sale on a retail website within the past 2-3 months. They surprisingly were in stock for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

RyJ Churchills are smoking fantastically fine for the last few 3-5 harvests. Sir Winston is a great cigar also, probably a better overall cigar. SW has scarcity value and more following in the Common-Wealth countries than other geos (to which this forum is skewed). 

my view is Espléndidos>SW>RyJ Churchill but you should taste and factor the price relative to your experience and just decide where to park your $$$. Julietas in my view is one of the best vitolas of not the best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, PuroDiario said:

...my view is Espléndidos>SW

The Esplendidos can be better--in fact, maybe the best--but I don't think year in and year out it can be said that it's superior to the SW. The Esplendidos is no longer a guaranteed blockbuster cigar. The SW can certainly run with it. Either is just as likely to score 95-96 points with the occasional Esplendidos getting a point or two more. 

• Thanks 2