NCs comparable to CCs

I just found this post because I was looking up Xhaxhi Bobi online. I haven't tried them yet. But would like to add my 2cts to this topic.

I experienced the issue you described when I moved from Italy to the US, where I could not longer legally buy Cuban cigars. I became very frustrated. Now I have a process in place (Cigar Sense) and keep finding great favorite non Cubans to add to my favorite Cubans. Looking at all sensory data (flavor, strength, ...), I also found that there are no really predominant descriptors that make a Cuban cigar what it is. Many puros or blends from other countries may present similar descriptors, although it's interesting to note the overall sensations you get when you make the experience. This is true especially if you smoke blind. And it is the combination and balance of many sensations together that make your personal preference go for certain cigars rather than for others. And, again based on blind tests, you may have surprises, such as some Fuentes being organoleptically more similar to certain Cubans than other Cuban cigars, or many other cases.

I hope you have found some good alternatives in the meantime. Without more information on what you like and dislike, I cannot give names of cigars you could try, because they would only be based on my personal taste, which is most likely very different from yours.