Intel on new codes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think SOS has turned into BFD... At least for me! Oh... and LOL has definitely changed to WTF! Cheers! -Piggy

This is fairly thorough through 2014: ORIGINAL CUBAN FACTORY AND DATE CODES 1985 – 1998 Havana Factories - F?bricas de La Habana Ciudad de La Habana - Havana BM - Briones Montoto, former

Any code outside the big 4 (MAR, RAT, GEM, TUA) will be extremely hard to pinpoint, especially this early on after code shifts. Consider them all provincial unless you have a compelling argument

2 hours ago, PuroDan said:

Is SOU the EL factory? MAR is for sure wondering about SOU

2 hours ago, asmazda said:

I am wondering the same thing!  I have a bunch of PD4 with SOU Dec 2019.

The current code for El Laguito is MAR. They only use one code per factory at a time. There was a thread on this site that erroneously assigned many codes to factories. I feel that did a big disservice to this community. If you have a current box with a code other than MAR, it was rolled somewhere other than El Laguito. 

I k

17 minutes ago, Mossome said:

The current code for El Laguito is MAR. They only use one code per factory at a time. There was a thread on this site that erroneously assigned many codes to factories. I feel that did a big disservice to this community. If you have a current box with a code other than MAR, it was rolled somewhere other than El Laguito. 

I know MAR is but then i heard SOU was.

16 minutes ago, PuroDan said:

Does anybody know what factory SOU is?

It is a provincial factory. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 12:41 PM, Tstew75 said:

Any code outside the big 4 (MAR, RAT, GEM, TUA) will be extremely hard to pinpoint, especially this early on after code shifts.

Don't forget GLE is Donatien and BSM is another Pinar factory.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Don't forget GLE is Donatien and BSM is another Pinar factory.

I remember discussing this in another thread, but didn't think we nailed it down.

With all these new Trini codes floating around (BSM, GLE, TLU, LTO, MTS, TLE, PSM, GRM) its difficult lol

I do want to pinpoint what the new ARS code is however...those 19 boxes are/were epic

9 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

I do want to pinpoint what the new ARS code is however...those 19 boxes are/were epic

It's BSM. Clear transition on Famosos from ARS to BSM. A large percentage of Trini was ARS (SLE before that) so it's a Pinar factory, but the majority of Trini were MUP and are now GLE (so must be Donatien). So ARS --> BSM, and MUP --> GLE. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

MTS is an interesting one. Some common sticks like Monte No. 2 and Epicure No. 2, but some of the more coveted or rare ones, too.

I know people have seen a lot of Trinidad from MTS.

On 24:24 last year, MTS showed up for Sancho Panza Belicosos, Cohiba Siglo VI, Cohiba Esplendidos, and Monte Media Coronas.

On 24:24 this year, MTS has also been for:

Partagas 898 (Jan 8th) (although 24:24 said TLE, mine from this date are MTS)

Cohiba Siglo VI (Jan 18th, Jan 29th)

Sancho Panza Belicoso (Jan 27th)

Monte No. 2 (Feb 11th, Mar 3rd, Mar 5th)

HdM Epicure No. 2 (Mar 12th)

Cohiba Esplendido (Mar 22nd)

H. Upmann Sir Winston (Mar 22nd)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HDGSN said:

MTS is an interesting one. Some common sticks like Monte No. 2 and Epicure No. 2, but some of the more coveted or rare ones, too.

I know people have seen a lot of Trinidad from MTS.

On 24:24 last year, MTS showed up for Sancho Panza Belicosos, Cohiba Siglo VI, Cohiba Esplendidos, and Monte Media Coronas.

On 24:24 this year, MTS has also been for:

Partagas 898 (Jan 8th) (although 24:24 said TLE, mine from this date are MTS)

Cohiba Siglo VI (Jan 18th, Jan 29th)

Sancho Panza Belicoso (Jan 27th)

Monte No. 2 (Feb 11th, Mar 3rd, Mar 5th)

HdM Epicure No. 2 (Mar 12th)

Cohiba Esplendido (Mar 22nd)

H. Upmann Sir Winston (Mar 22nd)

I would (wildy) speculate this could be another La Corona code. They have probably rolled all the cigars listed at one time or another...

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, PuroDan said:

Is SOU the EL factory? MAR is for sure wondering about SOU

As others have noted it's not. That said, I am still wondering about how COVID precautions will have effected where rollers are assigned. Maybe it's had zero effect.

In any case, so far I would say that LTO has been the best code, better even than MAR. They even released some Cohiba Reserva with an LTO, which one would think confirms they've got some top rollers. But then again it's Cuba, so who knows. 

On 12/13/2020 at 12:18 AM, JohnS said:

So a quick summary on those current mother factory codes:

El Laguito (Cohiba) - MAR

La Corona (Hoyo de Monterrey, San Cristobal, Diplomaticos, Cuaba et al) - RAT

Upmann - (H.Upmann) - GEM

Partagas - (Partagas) - TUA

hi John, maybe you can help me ,I just got a fabulous looking box of d4s, with the code ABO,  SEP 18.I am currious to know which factory may be,many thanks!

On 3/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Not sure if this has been covered but it looks like SOP is the new REG. Most El Laguito no 2’s are being produced there, just like REG. 

I think you're right. They rolled most MC Esp2s at REG, and now they've flopped to SOR. Nice work!

Just now, yannis said:

hi John, maybe you can help me ,I just got a fabulous looking box of d4s, with the code ABO,  SEP 18.I am currious to know which factory may be,many thanks!

Undoubtedly provincial

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

I think you're right. They rolled most MC Esp2s at REG, and now they've flopped to SOR. Nice work!

Undoubtedly provincial

well in that case , what ever factory is, they ve done a great job

On 3/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

Not sure if this has been covered but it looks like SOP is the new REG. Most El Laguito no 2’s are being produced there, just like REG. 

Great work.  I think this is exactly correct. 

• Like 1