Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

On 1/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Xavier_Dredo said:

Got my first shot today. Couldn’t be more proud working for Pfizer or more confident in this vaccine. After being inoculated and the nurse signed off on my immunization card she told me to have it laminated after receiving my second dose because it may be needed in the future when traveling. No prob...

Is everyone at Pfizer getting the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine? I know Moderna employees and their families are getting their shots now.

We've had two deaths here within 24 hours of receiving the vaccine. 

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/46-year-old-healthcare-worker-dies-day-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine-govt-says-death-not-related-to-jab/story/428280.html

I found another local paper revealed the findings from state health officials. https://www.bhpioneer.com/covid-19/vaccine-not-the-cause-of-two-south-dakota-deaths/article_1fa62782-5783-11eb-9e9e-a7931429c7a0.html

I searched the web and found a few other deaths shortly after receiving the vaccine. 

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/economy-politics/46-year-old-healthcare-worker-dies-day-after-receiving-covid-19-vaccine-govt-says-death-not-related-to-jab/story/428280.html

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/88-year-old-dies-hours-after-covid-vaccination-in-second-such-incident-653721

Odd thing is that officials seem quick to declare "not related". I'm not a big fan of coincidence or jumping to conclusions, but just food for thought while we observe the distribution and watch for side effects. 

8 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no disrespect, but i'd suggest that this is the greatest example of jumping to conclusions i have ever seen.

Great post Ken, I completely agree.  I love it (sarcastically) when statistics are shared outside of controlled environments.  I’m surprised the heart attack rate isn’t higher actually, take any group of 200,000 people and you’re going to see some heart attacks, cancer, etc whether you’re testing vaccines, the side effects of eating gummy bears, or watching Netflix.  Silliness, just need some common sense.  

It’s funny that some people are so concerned about vaccines rare side effects but same time same people smoke tobacco, drink alcohol and eat unhelthy food

No it isnt, because those effects have been studied for a long time and you know what is going to happen. Also I'm not concerned about vaccines, in my country we have a large program of vaccines for polio, rubella, diphtheria the whole shabang, I got them all and my kids have them to whilst there is a strong antivax movement. They added a jabb for menengites for my kids. When I travel I get the jabb I need for everything I'm not vaccinated against. But those have been tested and researched for years and years.

What I am concerned about is the allready discribed in my reply. The speed of the proces, the speed of approval, the speed of distribution. I do understand this vaccine is based on another vaccine for another type of SARS and tweaked to this virus. With the speed of infections I understand that we need to do something, but we still have not a clue about how to cure more deadly deceases with a much higher mortality rate in the same way. I'm not a MD neither have a PhD in this kind of field, but it's just to sketchy if I project this to my own knowledge.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Homer said:

It’s funny that some people are so concerned about vaccines rare side effects but same time same people smoke tobacco, drink alcohol and eat unhelthy food?

Or go out of their way to eat a McRib.

"I don't trust vaccines! I don't know what's in them."

"Gawd, I love the McRib!!"

:P

37 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

The medical community is doing an awful job at selling this vaccine, whoever came up with it deserves the Nobel and we should know their name(s).  They should be celebrated, not the kardashians and jenners of the world.

The job of the biomedical community is to come up with the vaccine, test it, and roll it out to those that need it. Governments should be the ones doing the PR to get their citizens and residents to get vaccinated.  Let the scientists and doctors do what they’re good at - science and medicine.  Leave the selling to the charlatans and shills of the various governments.  Maybe they can be put to good use once in a while.

9 hours ago, Shrimpchips said:

Leave the selling to the charlatans and shills of the various governments.  Maybe they can be put to good use once in a while.

There's the rub. How many people believe the government charlatans and shills? After all, they are charlatans and shills!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DanWil84 said:

No it isnt, because those effects have been studied for a long time and you know what is going to happen. 

A lot of people who make this argument seem unconcerned about the potential long-term effects of COVID-19 (of which we know nothing), which is, of course, ironic.

A lot of people who make this argument seem unconcerned about the potential long-term effects of COVID-19 (of which we know nothing), which is, of course, ironic.
That's a assumption you could never make in my opinion, at least that's not the way I think about it. The effects of pneumonia which is the most important result of this plague is long known, which isn't open for debate.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DanWil84 said:

That's a assumption you could never make in my opinion, at least that's not the way I think about it. The effects of pneumonia which is the most important result of this plague is long known, which isn't open for debate.

It’s very much up for debate since we’re only beginning to see some of the medium and long term after effects of COVID infection. The spotlight in the area right now is on survivors of severe disease, and many accounts show there are considerable aftereffects not just in the lung but in multiple organ systems, most of which is of uncertain mechanism of development.  People are dying or needing lung transplants weeks to months after infection as the damage is so severe in their lungs and shows no signs of returning to healthy conditions.  In other mechanisms where patients develop lung fibrosis after ARDS, it’s often mild and self resolving - we have no idea if post-COVID syndromes will be the same.  We have no idea what this pandemic will mean for respiratory disease development and progression for patients who only got mild/moderate disease.   And on top of all the organ damage, there’s the psychological impacts on patients isolated, unable to interact with their families, knowing there’s little that can be done as their disease worsens.  And that’s just the patient side.  If this was just like other cases of pneumonia, we wouldn’t be in such dire straits.  I hate to sound like doom and gloom, but the vaccine and slowing acute infections and hospitalizations is just the beginning of this pandemic.  Aside from the economic and social impacts it’s having globally, the aftereffects on health and healthcare systems is going to be felt for a long time.

• Like 1

Both dosed and enjoying a well deserved beach trip on a resort bubble. No issues at this point from the jabs. Masks continue to be necessary; we are not looking to infect others if we are carrying.

News from the South African strain are disconcerting. Antibodies may be less effective against this new mutation  ? 

15 hours ago, Shrimpchips said:

The job of the biomedical community is to come up with the vaccine, test it, and roll it out to those that need it. Governments should be the ones doing the PR to get their citizens and residents to get vaccinated.  Let the scientists and doctors do what they’re good at - science and medicine.  Leave the selling to the charlatans and shills of the various governments.  Maybe they can be put to good use once in a while.

Really?  

Here’s a breakout of Top Spending Lobbies...

#4 Pharma Research

#5 American Hospital Association

#7 American Medical Association

Add them up and the medical community seems to be doing a lot of selling of interests and perception.  

Don’t be fooled, everyone sells.  

• Like 3

It’s very much up for debate since we’re only beginning to see some of the medium and long term after effects of COVID infection. The spotlight in the area right now is on survivors of severe disease, and many accounts show there are considerable aftereffects not just in the lung but in multiple organ systems, most of which is of uncertain mechanism of development.  People are dying or needing lung transplants weeks to months after infection as the damage is so severe in their lungs and shows no signs of returning to healthy conditions.  In other mechanisms where patients develop lung fibrosis after ARDS, it’s often mild and self resolving - we have no idea if post-COVID syndromes will be the same.  We have no idea what this pandemic will mean for respiratory disease development and progression for patients who only got mild/moderate disease.   And on top of all the organ damage, there’s the psychological impacts on patients isolated, unable to interact with their families, knowing there’s little that can be done as their disease worsens.  And that’s just the patient side.  If this was just like other cases of pneumonia, we wouldn’t be in such dire straits.  I hate to sound like doom and gloom, but the vaccine and slowing acute infections and hospitalizations is just the beginning of this pandemic.  Aside from the economic and social impacts it’s having globally, the aftereffects on health and healthcare systems is going to be felt for a long time.
Let me please rephrase; I was saying that the effects of this pandemic is underestimated by the ppl redlantern discribed, it is and will be worse than most ppl think. The physical effect I discribed is just one of them, I understand there are countless of them and mental issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Really?  

Here’s a breakout of Top Spending Lobbies...

#4 Pharma Research

#5 American Hospital Association

#7 American Medical Association

Add them up and the medical community seems to be doing a lot of selling of interests and perception.  

Don’t be fooled, everyone sells.  

You forgot #6 on the list, which is a health insurance company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield).  Of course they’re big spenders - there’s money to be made in the American healthcare system.

I wasn’t saying that the medical establishment doesn’t push a message ever.  The point I was responding to was that the medical establishment not doing enough to push vaccination information programs.  Governments should be responsible for getting their populace vaccinated and protected. They should be the primary source for information and campaigns for vaccination.  Governments have access to all the top medical professionals to get guidance on their policies and messaging - it’s up to the governments to leverage those resources and get the right message out. 

Both vaccinations in the books. 2nd dose was 3 weeks ago. No fever, pains ever. 2nd dose made me incredibly tired the next day but we literally had a house fire, 2 hours after getting it. And we ran a ton of calls all day/night. (I was on shift)

Careful of the vaccine, it’s makes you better looking and grows you a couple of inches were needed..... 

^^^wouldn't that be nice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shrimpchips said:

You forgot #6 on the list, which is a health insurance company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield).  Of course they’re big spenders - there’s money to be made in the American healthcare system.

I wasn’t saying that the medical establishment doesn’t push a message ever.  The point I was responding to was that the medical establishment not doing enough to push vaccination information programs.  Governments should be responsible for getting their populace vaccinated and protected. They should be the primary source for information and campaigns for vaccination.  Governments have access to all the top medical professionals to get guidance on their policies and messaging - it’s up to the governments to leverage those resources and get the right message out. 

No arguments here.  With trust in government at an all time low in many parts of the world, we need the scientists and doctors to start yelling at the world, because unfortunately the ones that are yelling the loudest are the wrong ones.

• Like 1