Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

you would not believe the number of times i've used a version of that to justify myself to mates. sometimes with marginally less justification than was warranted.

no argument at all. the world could do with a few more gandhi's these days. 

but for the vaccine, how does anyone without serious medical training, especially in that field, make a decision other than by basing it on what we are being told by the relevant medical authorities? 

personally, as i have mentioned, i have a fabulous GP and i have a number of doctors/medical experts in the family. if they opposed it, then i would need an awful lot of convincing to have it. at this stage, they are definitely not.

if we go beyond the medical issue to the one i raised before - climate change. sure, we can all make decisions based on our own experience and i have been around more than long enough to see changes. but whether these were pendulum swings that extend beyond one's lifetime or something more permanent, without the science, how can we tell. and when 98% of credible scientists are all on the same page, in varying degrees, how does anyone justify opposing that? i really do not understand it. which is not aimed at you or anyone specifically. just general howling at the moon. 

As for the vaccine i am not against it. Like i said if somebody wants to get it they should. For me i choose not to because it happened super fast. I am not saying the science here is bad. I dont know if it is good or not/ It seems to be working for many. For me putting a needle in my arm with a foreign substance just doesnt work. As for global warming now climate change. We should start a new thread if you want

• Like 1

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

5 minutes ago, srbuck said:

I want the shot 2morrow..68 1/2 yrs of age and I occasionally inhale!!!!!!

Are you talking about inhaling cigars?

10 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i'd love to but then people say silly things and i point that out and rob suspends me. so perhaps not. 

Completely understand

8 hours ago, Ej456 said:

Lady at work came in knowing her husband got it. Can’t hide forever people!! Should be interesting when the work from home people have to come out. Here’s what happened to me

FC906626-69D8-400E-8BE8-30DC9912C6E6.png

Hope you're feeling better now man, I went the opposite with chills before secondary infection. It can't hurt to grab a pulse oximeter off Amazon and keep an eye on it while you're feeling rough ? don't be afraid to get checked over either, always better to err on the side of caution

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 8:36 PM, Bijan said:

I think there's nothing left missing below lead, which is the heaviest stable element (I could be wrong it's been a while since I've taken a physics or chemistry course). If some ultra-rare radioactive element with a split-second half-life hasn't been created in a lab yet I don't take this as a failure of physics or chemistry.

Edit: Seems that since 1945 we've been good up to at least Uranium:

http://cwp.library.ucla.edu/articles/ELEM399.HTML

I find the study of the island of stability to be fascinating. The idea that there may be at least one other island of stability at super heavy atomic masses is exciting.

• Like 2

A friend of mine received the first dose. Had a headache for a couple of days but nothing after that.

Second dose coming soon. Hopefully, no major side effects after that one.

On another note, I was speaking to another friend of mine who is a front line worker. Says that 30% of front line workers at the hospital she works at do NOT want to take the vaccine due to concerns about side effects. Thought that was pretty interesting. I should have asked if it was mandatory or not as a front line worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/28/2021 at 3:52 AM, Cigar Surgeon said:

I find the study of the island of stability to be fascinating. The idea that there may be at least one other island of stability at super heavy atomic masses is exciting.

I'm also fascinated by this subject. The problem to date appears to be neutrons, or more correctly a lack of them. Nature it seems has conspired so that if you try to build heavy element nuclei from lighter ones, you won't have enough neutrons to make the new heavier element nuclei stable. According to quantum theory we have already passed another island, and there is another one not too far off from where we are at with element 118. Long before we run out of heavier target materials (which are already neutron poor and unstable) to bombard to make even heavier ones, we are way short of neutrons to make them anywhere near stable. Unless we find a way to inject more neutrons into the creation of heavier elements, the stable island(s) of heavier elements may remain forever elusive.

• Like 1

Had my 1st shot with the Pfizer vaccine with the second due in early April. I'm in my 40s and not vulnerable but I often work in hospitals and doctors' surgeries so I was bumped up the list. Arm is a bit sore and I've felt a bit run down today but that may be due to the rum I had last night.

Sadly it doesn't appear to have given me any superpowers.

• Like 1

Had my 1st shot with the Pfizer vaccine with the second due in early April. I'm in my 40s and not vulnerable but I often work in hospitals and doctors' surgeries so I was bumped up the list. Arm is a bit sore and I've felt a bit run down today but that may be due to the rum I had last night.
Sadly it doesn't appear to have given me any superpowers.

Why are you waiting until April for your second shot? It’s typically give 3-4 weeks after the first.

3 hours ago, Xavier_Dredo said:

Why are you waiting until April for your second shot? It’s typically give 3-4 weeks after the first.

Depending on where you live, the recommendations for spacing of second dosage are different. I believe in the UK they’re spacing them way later than the current US guidelines.  This in theory allows more people to get first shots, having a greater number at least partially protected.  In case you’re not familiar with the science behind it, the booster should be as good or better when spaced a little more than 3-4 weeks after the first shot. The 3-4 weeks in theory (and observed) is the minimum time for your body to effectively mount an immediate response and then convert it to long-lasting immunological memory.  If you’re able to give the second booster dose to make sure that the body has learned to mount a response a little farther out than 3-4 weeks, you’re more likely to have already gone through all the steps to encode the long term response. Once you give the booster, it consolidates the long term response, giving you better responses to viral challenge and likely long lasting immunity.  So, long story short, a longer interval to the booster (2nd) shouldn’t affect efficacy of the vaccine. It in theory leaves those that only got one shot with incomplete protection, but better to have more people mostly protected than fewer numbers completely protected, especially if those that have incomplete immunity are lower-risk for exposure.

Overhere the guideline AstraZeneca is 3 weeks, the ones who supply and give the jabs keep it at 4 to 6 weeks. They try to spare vials of injections to give more ppl the first jab. Also the doses per vial has been upgraded, I believe 1 more, so they also have enough stock to give more ppl their first.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

I'm not an anti-vaxxer so don't attack me?, just some food for thought. I keep reading in msm articles that the mrna vaccine is perfectly safe since it's FDA approved. Just because something is approved by the FDA doesn't mean that there won't be dangers down the road. Just remember that Vioxx was FDA approved and went through much more rigorous and long term studies than this mrna vaccine... If people want to get it then GREAT, but don't force anyone.

• Like 2

I was finally able to get my Dad an appointment and he got the shot yesterday. His insurance Kaiser and doctor were worthless, saying he has to wait 2 months as they are short on supplies. Yet his doctor knows he is 78 and had lung cancer (it’s in remission now but had to do radiation so his lungs are weak) Got lucky as San Francisco has open an drive thru vaccine site for people over 65 and I checked their site at 11pm and one slot opened up. Booked it for him and he got it done in his car (as my mom drove since, just in case of any side effect)

The rollout seems very much screwed up, a friend told me his mother in law who is under 65 for the vaccine as she claimed to be a caregiver for an elderly parent. They are well to do, and I am seeing the same as people on my social media who are well to do or connected seem to be getting the shot yet not in the medical field or high risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zuhaib said:

I was finally able to get my Dad an appointment and he got the shot yesterday. His insurance Kaiser and doctor were worthless, saying he has to wait 2 months as they are short on supplies. Yet his doctor knows he is 78 and had lung cancer (it’s in remission now but had to do radiation so his lungs are weak) Got lucky as San Francisco has open an drive thru vaccine site for people over 65 and I checked their site at 11pm and one slot opened up. Booked it for him and he got it done in his car (as my mom drove since, just in case of any side effect)

The rollout seems very much screwed up, a friend told me his mother in law who is under 65 for the vaccine as she claimed to be a caregiver for an elderly parent. They are well to do, and I am seeing the same as people on my social media who are well to do or connected seem to be getting the shot yet not in the medical field or high risk.

Governments could be given the recipe for ice and still manage to mess it up. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m waiting for my second shot as well. I was in a surgical consult yesterday and my physician also helps distribute vaccine in the evenings. She said almost all the ones that have and adverse reaction are under the age of 40.

• Like 1