Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

9 hours ago, Fosgate said:

Just over a month since my second shot. I don't see any side effects.  I'm feeling good and should be immune to about anything. 

No photo description available.

Huh, didn't know it was supposed to make you better looking and immune to covid.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

It's funnier if the doctors actually gave the shots. Like in Grey's anatomy, or in unicorn land.

I wish it was like the "Peanut Butter" Shot they give to service members upon arrival to basic training in the butt cheek. Let everyone get a taste of a cattle prod in the arse and being able to sit for a week. Friends going around smacking each others ass like it's baseball season and they all play the game. 

From Military.com, https://www.military.com/off-duty/2020/02/10/why-most-dreaded-injection-called-peanut-butter-shot.html#:~:text=The%20%22peanut%20butter%22%20shot%2C,an%20experience%20of%20a%20lifetime.

I can still remember the expletive I shouted in front of the nurse as I thought she hit the bone. The Drill Instructor at the door shouted me and several others to get outside and dropped all of us for pushups with several others already there that used profanity in front of the nurse as they had us scream, "I will never shout "Profane word the recruit used" in the presence of a female again!" after each pushup for maybe 20 reps. If you laughed or grinned you got dropped for 20 more. I was sore and really tired after that shot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fosgate said:

I wish it was like the "Peanut Butter" Shot they give to service members upon arrival to basic training in the butt cheek. Let everyone get a taste of a cattle prod in the arse and being able to sit for a week. Friends going around smacking each others ass like it's baseball season and they all play the game. 

From Military.com, https://www.military.com/off-duty/2020/02/10/why-most-dreaded-injection-called-peanut-butter-shot.html#:~:text=The%20%22peanut%20butter%22%20shot%2C,an%20experience%20of%20a%20lifetime.

I can still remember the expletive I shouted in front of the nurse as I thought she hit the bone. The Drill Instructor at the door shouted me and several others to get outside and dropped all of us for pushups with several others already there that used profanity in front of the nurse as they had us scream, "I will never shout "Profane word the recruit used" in the presence of a female again!" after each pushup for maybe 20 reps. If you laughed or grinned you got dropped for 20 more. I was sore and really tired after that shot. 

I remember wondering why they had wrestling mats setup in the room when they brought us in for mass vaccinations.. then my buddy passed out after the 7th or so shot and went face first into the ground hahah. 

• Like 1

Echoing most of first dose experiences. Had it yesterday, Pfizer (Javits center in NY is like being in the middle of an epic movie) . Headache since yesterday, kind of flu-ish symptoms today. I took some paracetamol and I am smoking a petit Edmundo from @Elpresidente to try to recover! Will report back. 

• Like 2

I got my J&J on Friday afternoon. At around midnight I had some mild aches, chills and headache but my Saturday night I was good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

have not received a vax. I am also not aware of a single person under the age of 60 who has received a vax around here. 

vaccine envy is a real thing. 

Some hotspots are 18+ in Toronto. Forget what the minimum age is for the Hamilton hot spots, I think that it's 50+.

2 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

We just started 55+ yesterday. 

I'm 40...hoping for June'ish first shot and second September'ish 

Yeah, I'm 38, but both my parents and my inlaws have had their first shots, so I'm less concerned about myself.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Yeah, I'm 38, but both my parents and my inlaws have had their first shots, so I'm less concerned about myself.

I'm in the same boat.

Both my parents and inlaws have received their first shot.

My 37 year old bro works as a special needs teacher. Sounds like he's up for first vax this Friday. 

• Like 2

Considering our PM Scummo screwed up the vaccine rollout, I have no clue when I will be getting my Pfizer shot. Over here, the Pfizer shot is recommended for everyone under 50. You can still get the Astrazeneca if you want, but it would be on the understanding that blood clots are a remote possibility.

Getting my jab, tomorrow. Either Pfizer or Moderna, but won't know until I expose my arm. I think a Wide Churchill will be in order.

• Like 3

Got my first Pfizer shot a month ago and just a sore arm. Felt like when a friend in high school punched your arm real hard and was sore the next day. I am in Canada and 40 but I am health care worker so was fortunately higher on the list. I think many here at 50 still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I have no clue when I will be getting my Pfizer shot. Over here, the Pfizer shot is recommended for everyone under 50. 

We all thought you were at least mid 50's :lookaround:

• Haha 1

First Pfizer shot was a couple Saturdays ago and had no issues at all.  Pretty amazing setup by the National Guard that administered the whole thing.  They took over an old K-Mart and had different stations for checking in, receiving a prescription, getting the shot, and recovery.  I was in the last group for the day and total time from entering the parking lot to leaving the parking lot was 30 minutes which included 15 minutes after the shot of just sitting in recovery in case I keeled over.  I'm guessing they probably gave 2000 or so shots for the day in that facility.  Talked to the paramedic that was on site and he said it was a pretty boring job being there since he only had 2-5 patients a day that mostly just reacted to getting a shot and not necessarily vaccine related at all.

• Like 3