Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

All the wine, women and song do take a toll on one's body....

Rode hard and put away wet so they say.  Based on the photos I've seen of the forum members, I think most of us can relate. 😁

• Like 2

I’m in category 1-C, get my second Pfizer shot next week. There’s recently a surplus in Hawaii, so they’re pretty much offering to everyone at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 8:17 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

We just started 55+ yesterday. 

I'm 40...hoping for June'ish first shot and second September'ish 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:58 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

I'd take a AZ jab tomorrow if I could.

If you're 40 sounds like you can get the AZ jab now.

Got my 2nd dose of P vaccine this afternoon. I’ll let y’all know if anything starts falling off... 😳

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

24h after my first pfizer shot. 

sore arm. general sleepiness, but can't tell if it's significantly more than what I usually feel. No temp so far

Edit: about 52 hours now, soreness in the arm is 90% gone, still sleepy ... but I just had lunch and am at work now so who knows what's the real cause? Does not seem like any other symptoms will surface this late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well they opened up the AZ availability here for people in my age group. I don't think they were expecting the response they received, as the number of people that signed up in a 24 hour period surpassed all previous records.

Got my shot, typical arm soreness for a few days. I did notice my heart rate was elevated for the first two days, and then returned to normal.

Now to wait 4 months for the second shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I signed up on April 20th for my AZ shot here. (opened that day to over 40 aged folks). 

Also record signups. I know about two dozen folks who signed up. Not one has been contacted. 

More bullshit in the country of Canada. 

4 hours ago, Cubadust said:

Got my first Pfizer shot today, Can’t say I feel anything at all but it’s just been 5 hours.

Got my last shot a few months ago. Never had a reaction. Several coworkers did, but I think they were trying to skip out of work. Don't blame them...

• Like 2

Still waiting for when over 40s can get their first shot. Probably next year, the way our PM Scummo is handling things. And our own State Govt is useless. Building a max vaccination centre (another waste of money), when they could just do it in the massive carpark across the road (Olympic Stadium carpark). Why they can't do a drive thru service is beyond me. Even just setting up a pavillion would be easier than fitting out a building.

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Still waiting for when over 40s can get their first shot. Probably next year, the way our PM Scummo is handling things. And our own State Govt is useless. Building a max vaccination centre (another waste of money), when they could just do it in the massive carpark across the road (Olympic Stadium carpark). Why they can't do a drive thru service is beyond me. Even just setting up a pavillion would be easier than fitting out a building.

Really bizarre. Any indoor spot will work with preference to proximity of a urgent care option.

Drive up would be perfect if you could ensure folks will wait for monitoring before peeling out. 🏎💨 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:32 AM, griller said:

Well, it has been 14 days since I got the J & J shot. I'm still here (hopefully not jinxing myself), and feeling just fine. Basically felt sore at my back, shoulders, and upper body like you feel after lifting weights (after a long layoff) for a day post injection, and that's been it for me. 

So, I've done my part to be a good citizen (LOL!), and the side effects weren't really a big deal. Crossing my fingers that the science is safe & effective, and that we can kiss this COVID b.s. existence to the curb at some point in 2021.

Last update...

It has now been a month since I got the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine. Zero side effects since the update I posted on 4/14, and feeling what I consider "normal". I'm a 50 yr old male, previous college athlete, 6' and about 250 lbs (working on the weight, LOL). I have asthma but experienced zero issues in nearly 20 yrs, though my allergies need medication in the springtime.

Hope this may help somebody tracking all this vaccine drama. 

• Like 2

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot last week:

Day of shot - some arm soreness like I got punched in the arm by my little brother (not my big brother)

Next day - my skin hurt everywhere - chills - small headache - noticed a swollen gland in the armpit before bedding down very early at 7

Next 2 days - headache and stuffiness - swollen gland in armpit went down slowly until gone

Day 4 after shot, everything back to normal.

It was more than I expected since I generally don't get sick but it seems pretty consistent with what I've heard happens frequently. 

Note: I specifically avoided any pain or other medication while "recovering" since I wanted my immune system to engage without other assistance. 

• Like 3

Had my second Pfizer last week. 34yo male, athletic build. The shot was at 8am, felt normal through the day and woke up at 2am, with a slight body ache and headache. Went into work and by noon felt 100%. Similar symptoms as a hangover for me, lol.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 1:08 PM, Chibearsv said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot last week:

Day of shot - some arm soreness like I got punched in the arm by my little brother (not my big brother)

Next day - my skin hurt everywhere - chills - small headache - noticed a swollen gland in the armpit before bedding down very early at 7

Next 2 days - headache and stuffiness - swollen gland in armpit went down slowly until gone

Day 4 after shot, everything back to normal.

It was more than I expected since I generally don't get sick but it seems pretty consistent with what I've heard happens frequently. 

Note: I specifically avoided any pain or other medication while "recovering" since I wanted my immune system to engage without other assistance. 

Thanks for the feedback on 1st and 2nd jab !

I will have my first Pfizer-BioNTech shot coming Tuesday and can't wait, my only question is : what about exercise ( I do 90 minutes of fast walking daily ) ?

Any idea ? I will ask my doctor too but maybe someone knows. Thanks.

In any case a good cigar is ready to celebrate 🙂

• Like 1