Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

I've spent the last 3 weeks on Cape Cod and a lot of people I know around my age do not want the vaccination and will wait until full FDA approval at a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 2nd jab, it was Pfizer. Compared to the AZ 1st jab my arm is considerably less sore. I have very minor aches this morning, honestly it's difficult to differentiate between whether it's from the jab or just normal body aches for no reason.

With the AZ I had an elevated heart rate for the first 24 hours. With the Pfizer I show no elevated heart rate.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Got my 2nd jab, it was Pfizer. Compared to the AZ 1st jab my arm is considerably less sore. I have very minor aches this morning, honestly it's difficult to differentiate between whether it's from the jab or just normal body aches for no reason.

With the AZ I had an elevated heart rate for the first 24 hours. With the Pfizer I show no elevated heart rate.

Are you more magnetic or less because of your two separate doses?

• Haha 4

• 3 months later...

Had antibody titre tests done a month ago. One of us in the high 10’s, the other in the low 1000’s. No direct correlation has been derived for efficacy and disease progression based upon titre count (other than having some antibodies is protective).

Received the booster to make for a third shot yesterday. Both with very sore arms but no apparent distress/fatigue of note (as in the last shot by the better half).

Anyone else getting a boost soon??

• Like 3

I've not been keeping up with the criteria for boosters here in the states - I thought it was pfizer, age 65+, or immunocompromised, 8months after 2nd injection? I remember reading something about others "at risk" but haven't bothered to dig deeper as everyone I know got Moderna.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

I got second Pfizer jab three days ago at the nearby hospital (called a hospital to get 2nd jab earlier and it told me to get a Pfizer vaccine shot at 5PM). Like first jab, I didn't feel any pain or side effects at all. The resumption of Kimfessions Seires Virtual Herffest is now only a matter of time and will let you know when I do "Kimfessions Series: CCE Review" 😃.

Note. I noticed that De La Mano decided to open from 1PM to 10PM during weekend (its weekday business hour seems to be same as usual). It was really surprising, since it was unusual to see cigar lounges open at midday in Korea. It's absolutely good for Kimfessions Series for sure 😄!

I look forward to the resumption! 👍

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

I got second Pfizer jab three days ago at the nearby hospital (called a hospital to get 2nd jab earlier and it told me to get a Pfizer vaccine shot at 5PM). Like first jab, I didn't feel any pain or side effects at all. The resumption of Kimfessions Seires Virtual Herffest is now only a matter of time and will let you know when I do "Kimfessions Series: CCE Review" 😃.

Note. I noticed that De La Mano decided to open from 1PM to 10PM during weekend (its weekday business hour seems to be same as usual). It was really surprising, since it was unusual to see cigar lounges open at midday in Korea. It's absolutely good for Kimfessions Series for sure 😄!

Glad to hear!

Nothing but sore injection sites for a couple days on our boost. Good to go!

• Like 2

I remember the day when I received my polio shot in the cafeteria of my public school.  I was in 3rd grade.  There was a letter informing our parents of the vaccination but no prior approval was asked for or necessary.  There was a Polio Pandemic and children everywhere weren’t  able to go to the public park and play due to the ability of this disease to spread. We had people in Iron Lung Machines for there whole life just to breath.  
‘Choice …. What choice did we have..

We had Small Pox spreading throughput the world, especially in India and Africa.                                                                     We had Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox infections spreading around the world. ,                                                                      We  have cured people of getting the dreaded Tetanus , if you did not get a vaccination then a simple scratch from a metal object could give you Lockjaw and possibly death.                                                                                                             We have cured through vaccines, Whooping Cough, Hepatitis, Rubella, the Flu etc

Now, we forget all our history and the internet gives us all the right to spread our opinion right or wrong.                    We have choices now, let’s make the right choice.  I’m just asking everyone to take a deep breath and look at our history of curing these deadly diseases.
Try not to choose out of fear and ignorance. 

Make the    ‘’RIGHT CHOICE!’’

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ROBT. said:

I remember the day when I received my polio shot in the cafeteria of my public school.  I was in 3rd grade.  There was a letter informing our parents of the vaccination but no prior approval was asked for or necessary.  There was a Polio Pandemic and children everywhere weren’t  able to go to the public park and play due to the ability of this disease to spread. We had people in Iron Lung Machines for there whole life just to breath.  

We had Small Pox spreading throughput the world, especially in India and Africa.                                                                     We had Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox infections spreading around the world. ,                                                                      We  have cured people of getting the dreaded Tetanus , if you did not get a vaccination then a simple scratch from a metal object could give you Lockjaw and possibly death.                                                                                                             We have cured through vaccines, Whooping Cough, Hepatitis, Rubella, the Flu etc

Now, we forget all our history and the internet gives us all the right to spread our opinion right or wrong.                    We have choices now, let’s make the right choice.  I’m just asking everyone to take a deep breath and look at our history of curing these deadly diseases.

agree, although i remember polio as being a sweet red syrup and not an injection. have i mixed up diseases. 

when i was leaving london to head back home through africa and asia, i had something like 11 vaccinations (not all at once). never occurred to me not to get protected from as much as possible. the rabies injection wasn't fun (if i recall, i needed a day or more off for every single vaccination) but the killer was yellow fever. sick as crap for four days. covid injections are a party in comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Polio was indeed a red syrup. I remember taking it back in the early 80s. All the parents in the local area got a letter in the mailbox, telling them of the vaccination date at the Local Council building. All the kids of a certain age group lined up and filed past a group of doctors and nurses who were giving out the vaccines.  I remember taking the syrup and also getting an injection (I think that was for Rubella).

Just now, Fuzz said:

Polio was indeed a red syrup. I remember taking it back in the early 80s. All the parents in the local area got a letter in the mailbox, telling them of the vaccination date at the Local Council building. All the kids of a certain age group lined up and filed past a group of doctors and nurses who were giving out the vaccines.  I remember taking the syrup and also getting an injection (I think that was for Rubella).

thought so.

mind you, i still needed a day off after taking it. who knew of there could be delayed reactions! 

3 hours ago, La_Tigre said:

Glad to hear!

Nothing but sore injection sites for a couple days on our boost. Good to go!

Thanks @La_Tigre😃

I'm surprised that I didn't feel any pain during 1st and 2nd jabs, since some of my Korean FOH BOTLs said they had some side effects like headache after COVID-19 vaccine jab.

Can't wait to do CCE review in the next Kimfessions Series soon, as I really miss CCs and Linea Clasica Cohiba cigars 😆

9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

agree, although i remember polio as being a sweet red syrup and not an injection. have i mixed up diseases. 

when i was leaving london to head back home through africa and asia, i had something like 11 vaccinations (not all at once). never occurred to me not to get protected from as much as possible. the rabies injection wasn't fun (if i recall, i needed a day or more off for every single vaccination) but the killer was yellow fever. sick as crap for four days. covid injections are a party in comparison. 

Yep, polio was the red stuff in the little tube they squirted in your mouth.  I recall German measles vaccine being the air gun shot in the arm at school.

23 hours ago, ROBT. said:

My fellow FOH HONORARY MEMBERS:  KenGargett  & Fuzz & Chilbears

Red syrup and sugar cubes were given after the injections.
 Those terrible glass syringes they used, no disposable ones, but the oversized glass ones with large needles that all were sterilized, while we waited in line.. I’m sure you guys may not remember.

It was a group of scared children all lined up and watching as their vaccinated classmates left crying with a lollipop after being stabbed.

I was born in 1948 and the first injections were in 1955-1956.   The good old days🤣

A9084F18-3F02-46F1-93F9-AAE4C2FFFDD4.jpeg

0CA5EDFC-7053-4115-A517-A284DF20D46E.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROBT. said:

My fellow FOH HONORARY MEMBERS:  KenGargett  & Fuzz & Chilbears

Red syrup and sugar cubes were given after the injections.
 Those terrible glass syringes they used, no disposable ones, but the oversized glass ones with large needles that all were sterilized, while we waited in line.. I’m sure you guys may not remember.

It was a group of scared children all lined up and watching as their vaccinated classmates left crying with a lollipop after being stabbed.

I was born in 1948 and the first injections were in 1955-1956.   The good old days🤣

A9084F18-3F02-46F1-93F9-AAE4C2FFFDD4.jpeg

0CA5EDFC-7053-4115-A517-A284DF20D46E.jpeg

i had the polio vax when i was in london well into my 20s. so i can remember it. sweet red syrup, definitely no injection. i specifically remember that as there was much amusement that i needed a day off work for a syrup. that said, i am certain i also had it when young and this was a booster of some sort?? it was recommended as i was heading to africa for 6 months. 

but a quick look at the internet suggests both types of vax existed. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i had the polio vax when i was in london well into my 20s. so i can remember it. sweet red syrup, definitely no injection. i specifically remember that as there was much amusement that i needed a day off work for a syrup. that said, i am certain i also had it when young and this was a booster of some sort?? it was recommended as i was heading to africa for 6 months. 

but a quick look at the internet suggests both types of vax existed. 

Both existed yes, but I was 8 years old in 1956,,, There was no syrup, red, blue or green in the US or UK in 1955/1956 when the first individuals were immunized against polio.  
And of course you might have had Red Syrup in the 1960’s, but I never  mentioned  red syrup, because it didn’t exist In 1956.
There were  only injections.  I believe it has to deal with a live versus a dead strain of polio administered.