Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

As soon as Paxlovid is available world wide, the mandate for a vaccine becomes less necessary than ever.

They'll just make the drug half as effective... unless combined with the vaccine!

We had to cancel Thanksgiving at our house.  Figures since I bought a larger turkey than normal...

Two of our guests both got Covid (our only guests).  They work in a 3 person office with the 3rd also getting Covid.  All have been fully vaccinated and the third has their 3rd booster shot. 

Expect to get 4th booster shot soon if you are not already on your 3rd.  3rd shot did nothing.

Haven't been vaxxed. Haven't had the virus. Life is good. 

21 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

As soon as Paxlovid is available world wide, the mandate for a vaccine becomes less necessary than ever.

Vaccine mandates are in the US appeals courts right now. My prediction is they will be killed, as Brandon was not elected to be a ruler and king. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Vaccine mandates are in the US appeals courts right now. My prediction is they will be killed, as Brandon was not elected to be a ruler and king. 

It should have stopped after targeting the concerned age groups and low immunity people. Why a healthy 30 y.o is forced to get a jab is beyond me. Never been a big conspiracy theory guy but ... 

• Like 1

I'll take my chances with my immune system which has a 99% chance of beating it. 

15 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Amen brotha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, InCheTasteWeTrust said:

It should have stopped after targeting the concerned age groups and low immunity people. Why a healthy 30 y.o is forced to get a jab is beyond me. Never been a big conspiracy theory guy but ... 

I have a healthy 15 y.o. daughter and would no doubt home school her if she were to be forced to take the jab or not be allowed in school. But we live in South Carolina ( a totalitarian free state)!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYgarman said:

I have a healthy 15 y.o. daughter and would no doubt home school her if she were to be forced to take the jab or not be allowed in school. But we live in South Carolina ( a totalitarian free state)!

Living with a father like you will make her learn much more than being in school anyway. She can learn so much more being at home and researching about the differents subjects. Don't submit to the agenda and wait. In 3 years she'll be able to get in college vaxx free. Even if college is off the chart by then, then college tuition money you saved for her over the years can enable her to make a living. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedLantern said:

NGL, weird vibe in here rn.

nooooo kidding. wow.

the thing that convinced me to get the vaccine was the story about Marco Rossi, a 1st round draft pick in the NHL that got covid. 19 years old, workout nut, in the 99the percentile of healthy people, and almost died from myocarditis from a "mild" case of covid. 

I see it this way, if you're required to get vaxxed before you are allowed to travel or enter a country, but people refuse to get vaxxed, all it means is it will be less crowded the next time I go on vacation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I see it this way, if you're required to get vaxxed before you are allowed to travel or enter a country, but people refuse to get vaxxed, all it means is it will be less crowded the next time I go on vacation.

Or you could take some of your amassed fortune, buy a private island complete with a lavish beach house and a helipad for your private copter and not worry about nor see another person until desired. LOL

• Like 1

66 yrs old 

Had all 3 pokes so far.  Not a single negative thing to say or feeling to talk about it.  Never had a flu shot in my life but this is different, IMO.

I still can't believe the idiots out there spewing crap about chips in the vax and the government being able to watch and track you because you now took a jab in the arm. 😵

If you have a cell phone, you are on ANY social media or forum platforms (like this one) you are already being watched and tracked.  Everyday you go for a ride in your car, your picture is taken several times in just a short ride.  People are so paranoid and freaked out about this crap all I can do is laugh. 🤣

My feeling is if you don't want the vax...that should be 100% up to you and no one should be forced to take it for any reason.  But if that's the case....stay home, don't travel, stay out of my grocery stores and restaurants that I eat at until you're done being paranoid about "the government"

You should be more scared of your wife or your girlfriend!

🤠

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Or you could take some of your amassed fortune, buy a private island complete with a lavish beach house and a helipad for your private copter and not worry about nor see another person until desired. LOL

There a few islands off the coast of Australia for sale. Not an unrealistic idea.

Honest question about boosters...

I'm a 51 yr old male, healthy (no underlying health conditions outside of liking beer & grilled animal protein), got J&J shot end of March '21. Considering a booster, should I get another J&J or Pfizer? Or, not do anything for the near term?

Feel great now, but don't need a possible problem down the road.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, griller said:

Honest question about boosters...

I'm a 51 yr old male, healthy (no underlying health conditions outside of liking beer & grilled animal protein), got J&J shot end of March '21. Considering a booster, should I get another J&J or Pfizer? Or, not do anything for the near term?

Feel great now, but don't need a possible problem down the road.

Thanks!

You're asking that question on a cigar forum?  You should ask that one of your own doctor, no matter what credentials may be presented here.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

You're asking that question on a cigar forum?  You should ask that one of your own doctor, no matter what credentials may be presented here.

100% agree, and will definitely consult my chosen medical professional before making a decision. Just didn't know if somebody here had been (or is) in a similar position and would be willing to share some knowledge. Not at all recommending a cigar forum for medical decision, and appreciate your guidance here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, InCheTasteWeTrust said:

...Even if college is off the chart by then, then college tuition money you saved for her over the years can enable her to make a living. 

College is a total scam.  Would not recommend going to college for most high school graduates.  Plenty of better trade or higher learning opportunities than college.  My degrees are mostly worthless paper.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

College is a total scam.  Would not recommend going to college for most high school graduates.  Plenty of better trade or higher learning opportunities than college.  My degrees are mostly worthless paper.

Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2017

I think "total scam" is a bit hyperbolic, no? Though I agree that, at least in the US, we need to do a better job presenting the trades as a valued and respectable career path. I think it's painful for a lot of kids who aren't academically inclined to have higher education offered as a the only correct choice. 

• Like 3