My Next upcoming Video Review Series - What's Smoking Hot 2020

The last three are more solid, reliable performers for me of late for which I'd like to do a review and discuss further and promote. The last one (i.e the one starting with P) could be considered hot in 2020 on a wider basis, I suppose. I'll reveal them first thing tomorrow.

• Like 1

Curious about the P one.

Given alphabetical order this leaves:

Partagas presidentes, salamones, PSD4, psd5, psd6, Pse2, psp2, shorts (excluding the cheap and cheerfuls).

Any por Larranaga though I'm doubting it is one.

Punch Double Coronas and punch Punch.

But I have no insight on this one. I leave it to others to guess which one is particularly hot in 2020.

Edit: could also be Punch 8-9-8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

The last three are more solid, reliable performers for me of late for which I'd like to do a review and discuss further and promote. The last one (i.e the one starting with P) could be considered hot in 2020 on a wider basis, I suppose. I'll reveal them first thing tomorrow.

Punch 898?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

HDM Epi 1 would make my list, the M has to be a Monte, if it’s not the 2, then the Leyanda?  Cmon John just tell us?

Haha...I won't prolong it longer:-

1. Cohiba Medio Siglo
  2. H. Upmann Connoisseur No.1
  3. Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2
  4. Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Rio Seco
  5. Montecristo Especiales No.2
  6. Partagás Maduro No. 1
  7. Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas
  8. Punch Short de Punch
  9. Quai d'Orsay No. 54
  10. Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales
  11. Trinidad Esmeralda
  12. Trinidad Media Luna
  13. Trinidad Topes
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Haha...I won't prolong it longer:-

1. Cohiba Medio Siglo
  6. Partagás Maduro No. 1
  7. Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas
  8. Punch Short de Punch
  9. Quai d'Orsay No. 54
  10. Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales
  11. Trinidad Esmeralda
  12. Trinidad Media Luna
  13. Trinidad Topes

Nice line up!

• Thanks 2

I'd say the Monte No 2 with all of the press it's been receiving.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read the second page and see the full list. My bad

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zigarrenziggy said:

I'd say the Monte No 2 with all of the press it's been receiving.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read the second page and see the full list. My bad

Actually, there's been enough suggestions for the Montecristo No.2 as it's been a hot cigar this year and I've picked up a quarter pack in 2020 so I'll do that one as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to these reviews John. Starting off in my wheelhouse tho. Cohiba MS's are so friggin good when they're on. I like talking a smoking break off a few days (hasn't happened in months), and then having this be the first smoke. All the flavors just explode. 

The only pass on this list for me are the Monte Especiales No 2. Had a box and traded more than half away. Maybe a dud box but nothing there for me. I really mean, nothing. Hope whoever loves these is getting great boxes. Maybe one day I'll get to smoke a great one too, but no luck thus far.

Cheers

• Like 3

On 12/17/2020 at 3:52 AM, Tstew75 said:

Ahhhhh, Montecristo Especiales No.2.

This might be the best RP cigar they roll. REG 19 boxes are some of the prettiest Monte examples I've ever seen. Went deep.

Well done. Of course I have a preferential bias towards Montecristo and for me, when I think of the marca I think of this vitola representing it at its dependable best!

On 12/17/2020 at 5:23 AM, ElJavi76 said:

Looking forward to these reviews John. Starting off in my wheelhouse tho. Cohiba MS's are so friggin good when they're on. I like talking a smoking break off a few days (hasn't happened in months), and then having this be the first smoke. All the flavors just explode. 

That's exactly right Javi! When they're on, simply amazing!

On 12/17/2020 at 5:23 AM, ElJavi76 said:

The only pass on this list for me are the Monte Especiales No 2. Had a box and traded more than half away. Maybe a dud box but nothing there for me. I really mean, nothing. Hope whoever loves these is getting great boxes. Maybe one day I'll get to smoke a great one too, but no luck thus far.

Good to know. Appreciate that feedback!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElJavi76 said:

Cheers

Had to have been a dud box. These have been nothing short of amazing for me 2018-on...like, makes MC2s look pedestrian amazing.

• Like 1

I've uploaded the first six reviews this week...

1. Cohiba Medio Siglo
  6. Montecristo No.2

https://www.youtube.com/user/johnandeleni/videos?disable_polymer=1

Thank you again to members who suggested a Montecristo No.2 in your guesses. I ended up doing this one and I'm well-pleased to have done it. I've done three more (Por Larranaga Petit Coronas, Punch Short de Punch and Quai d'Orsay No.54) in the meantime and I should have two more done by next Monday 28th (Partagas Maduro No.1 and Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales). I hope to have one or two first-time guest/s joining me for the two reviews to be done by Monday, namely some relative/s who enjoy Cuban cigars on occasion.

• Like 4