FOH Top 20, 2020

For quality for me no surprises really as the quality has been so consistent it seems everyone seeing same thing.  All the pyramids were stellar for sure.  The big surprise to me was the Epi 1, and maybe I’m over hyping it because the rest of these cigars have been stellar but were always in my rotation, the Epi 1 was not for over a decade, now it’s a weekly pull from my humidor.  Here’s my list for the ones I can’t remember the last time I had a example:

Monte 2

Partagas P2

Mag 46

Epi 1

Coloniales

Honorable mentions:  JL2, RAG, BBF, Up2, Siglo IV, Ex 4, any of these honestly could have made my list.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

I’m surprised JL2 missed the list!  This was the year I came back to JL2 after being disappointed in previous years.  Now I’m grabbing them up as fast as I can!

Wasn't too far off the top 20 pack. Dropped back in the pecking order only due to a poor run of mastercases early on. Last quarter has been excellent again. 

• Like 2

I’m shocked, I’m stunned, I’m absolutely flabbergasted that Party Lusis aren’t on the list. Best I’ve seen in a long time. I got several cabs this year, they look like they got lathered in oil and the aroma and flavor is outrageous. 

16 minutes ago, Bri Fi said:

How much further would you put the Siglo 6? The video review you and Ken did was glowing. 

Simply a mater of quantum seen throughout the year. You have to discount on numbers. 

Much the same could be said for the V and III. However both were available for most of the year in at least tube form. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

I’m shocked, I’m stunned, I’m absolutely flabbergasted that Party Lusis aren’t on the list. Best I’ve seen in a long time. I got several cabs this year, they look like they got lathered in oil and the aroma and flavor is outrageous. 

Excellent they were!

They would have made the list but they have gone MIA this last quarter.  One of the great production own goals :rolleyes: Even my good mate Ravi is out. 

• Sad 1

My top 5 this year:

1.  Medio Siglo: love these....easier to pay $13/stick in the spring as opposed to $18 now, but they’re worth the money....can almost always get a good 75 min or more of pure enjoyment.

2.  BBF: consistent quality and flavor...that malt taste is right in my wheelhouse

3.  HU #2:  really like these....love the A’s as well but the #2 has a little heft I enjoy

4.  P2:  really love a good D4 and my P2s have been an extended and classier D4

5.  Topes: don’t think this gets the same love as the ML and Esmeralda but it suits me

-Vance

• Like 4

The Bolivar Petit Coronas were perfect this last year! 

Of these 3 boxes, two are now gone! Flawless...

3DAEA0BD-2A07-483C-8E39-F0579FACCE87.jpeg

5D1E3809-66E8-4764-B690-0ECAA0CC7A54.jpeg

• Like 4

Those are the RC’s. Sorry. These are the PC’s...

FE569A8F-B35A-42ED-8873-A3420F759926.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Excellent they were!

They would have made the list but they have gone MIA this last quarter.  One of the great production own goals :rolleyes: Even my good mate Ravi is out. 

Okay, but if production availability is a pre-requisite for inclusion on the list, how are Siglo V number 2 on the list? They seem to have been unobtainable for most the year. I will say this, those Sig V in the pic are as sexy as a cigar can be. 

BTW- love these lists, thanks for taking the time to put this together, even if we see it differently. 

3 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

Okay, but if production availability is a pre-requisite for inclusion on the list, how are Siglo V number 2 on the list? They seem to have been unobtainable for most the year. I will say this, those Sig V in the pic are as sexy as a cigar can be. 

BTW- love these lists, thanks for taking the time to put this together, even if we see it differently. 

True to a point and these lists are largely subjective. 

Siglo V have been available relatively consistently in tubes most of the year. SLB not so. 

4 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

True to a point and these lists are largely subjective. 

Siglo V have been available relatively consistently in tubes most of the year. SLB not so. 

And to an even greater point, thank you Rob, Diana, Lisa, John (and the other moderators) and even Ken, for making this great and fun for all of us! This has been a tough year. You helped all of us pull through it! ?

A great 2021, mates!!! ?

F7096643-8306-432B-BF7F-436FCEADD1C4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

And to an even greater point, thank you Rob, Diana, Lisa, John (and the other moderators) and even Ken, for making this great and fun for all of us! This has been a tough year. You helped all of us pull through it! ?

A great 2021, mates!!! ?

F7096643-8306-432B-BF7F-436FCEADD1C4.png

Nice looking cigar lounge, if that’s in your basement my jealousy pains are strong ?

My top 5 2020 smoking great right now in no particular order

Punch Short de Punch 

H Upmann No.2

Hoyo Rio Seco

Trinidad Esmerelda

Esplendidos - sorry, they're always on my list

• Like 2

18 hours ago, glaesthetic said:

Siglo V was easily the best cigar I smoked this year. Just wish we would see some come up for sale soon. 

I’d go on a hunger strike to get some Siglo V’s like that on 24:24. 

• Like 4

Haven't had much 2019 let alone 2020 stock. Though I did recently light up a MAR 2020 RyJ Churchill and it was horrible.  Tasted alright, but very underfilled, needed constant relights and the wrapper seemed fire resistant.  The amount of charring was unsettling.  Very similar to the EL's of old.