FOH Top 20, 2020

17 hours ago, El Presidente said:

True to a point and these lists are largely subjective. 

Siglo V have been available relatively consistently in tubes most of the year. SLB not so. 

This is one cigar I haven’t been able to procure this year. I think only saw them once on 24:24 in tubes with MAR code and wasn’t quick enough . Hope we see some soon next year even if it’s tubos.

Thank God for the great cigars that got us through this stressful year.

My 2020 "crutches" so to speak were: 

Montecristo Number 2

Hoyo Rio Seco

Partagas D4 

Bolivar Petit Corona

Hoyo Petit Robusto 

Have a happy festive season everyone!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Nice looking cigar lounge, if that’s in your basement my jealousy pains are strong ?

It is my understanding that the room no longer exists. It was the VIP lounge at the old Partagas factory... ?

1 hour ago, prshah25 said:

This is one cigar I haven’t been able to procure this year. I think only saw them once on 24:24 in tubes with MAR code and wasn’t quick enough . Hope we see some soon next year even if it’s tubos.

Tubos are available as we speak in the cart.  Why wait?

12 minutes ago, prshah25 said:

You got me excited. Unfortunately no siglo V tubos when I check right now.

We sold out earlier this month. 

Ravi has some available on the cart. Pick them up and say hello from me!

• Like 2

Monte 2 isn’t a cigar I buy or smoke a ton, but I’ve been blown away by the quality this year. I just opened a 3-pack I got as a giveaway (ATE 2019) and while the construction is “meh” the aroma was a gloriously intoxicating blend of cocoa, barnyard, and licorice. I put them in a singles tray and have kept the cardboard shell near my PC for occasional sniffing over the past hour. Incredible they’re still so powerful after nearly two years in a paper box. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, deadpair71 said:

darn so the trinidad fundies made the 2018 and 2019 lists, but dropped off in 2020.  Anyone have any insights on the quality of 2020 fundies?

Probably great, I’ve got some that look spectacular but are resting, I’m sure they fell off because of their scarcity this year.  I heard Rob mention other great sticks that missed because they were few a far between.

Well I wish i could say I had tried them all but unfortunately no, but of the ones that I have tried the Monte #1 really jumped out. The Hoyo Rio Seco was also a very nice addition to my stash and one of the first that I thought of when shopping. D4 and Romeo Churchill also made me swoon. Beyond that the 2's were all very nice, P, H Upman and monte and to a lesser note the Diplimatico but they were few and far between. My most wanted and unfullfilled list was VR unicos and Sancho Panza Belicosos and with the prices shooting up as they have they may stay that way unfortunately. Most surprising was the Rafael Gonzales panetella extra, what a lovely little smoke. Well that was my two cents