Found in a Barn - any ideas?

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

I might look to sell the Partagas (if they are worth anything, have no idea) and give the money to the old guy as I think he is down on his luck. The others I think i will try.

Are they bone dry?  Very nice of you to help him. 

5 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are they bone dry?  Very nice of you to help him. 

That's the amazing thing, they are not. They seem like they have just come out of a humidor.  I think they have been in a dark, cool cupboard in the outside barn. Going to have a closer look in the next few days and will post some photos if anyone would like.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That's the amazing thing, they are not. They seem like they have just come out of a humidor.  I think they have been in a dark, cool cupboard in the outside barn.

Your charity could come right in time for him.  There's been increased interest in machine made CC's over the last decade or so.  Should be an easy sell!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

Isn’t it amazing we can spend so much money trying to maintain our cigars in perfect conditions and in some climates they’ll do just fine in a barn cabinet for 40 years. Makes you want to throw the book out. Some amazing treasures out there yet to be found. This is exciting 

Yes it is.

I am sure my cigars and boxes will be as pristine and well maintained long after I'm gone just by being kept in steel lockers in a cellar with no humidification or anything fancy at all.
Happy to have a moderate climate and good building standards/cellars/barns.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nino said:

Yes it is.

I am sure my cigars and boxes will be as pristine and well maintained long after I'm gone just by being kept in steel lockers in a cellar with no humidification or anything fancy at all.
Happy to have a moderate climate and good building standards/cellars/barns.

Ironically I am sure my small humidor in my Düsseldorf apartment (in the top floor under the roof) near my company which I have not been able to visit for 6 months  will contain all my cigars there now as dry as a Tutankhamun’s athletic support. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Ironically I am sure my small humidor in my Düsseldorf apartment (in the top floor under the roof) near my company which I have not been able to visit for 6 months  will contain all my cigars there now as dry as a Tutankhamun’s athletic support. 

You may be right to be concerned - top floor under the roof is a recipe for dry cigars .... ?

• Like 1