Should I, or shouldn’t I?... ?

2 minutes ago, PigFish said:

I appreciate the positive peer review.

When I think of the dollar value of the cigars that I have smoked, one here, one there, broken cabs of this and that... and then look over at BR, it gets me to thinking... what if?

Yet I bought the damn cigars to smoke. Not to collect, nor brag about, nor sell on the secondary market. While one does not exclude the others, it overrides them.

I have posted about my heart attack so many times I get to thinking that people are tired of hearing about it. Yet, when I look at a join date, such as yours, I realize that one may not have known some of the things that any member may have posted about in the decade and a half that this board has weathered. I was there  man!!! Yet, I am still here.

Do I break every unopened box of cigars? No. Do I smoke cigars ROTT... no? I have a lot of cigars and more sense than that... Yet my overriding reason for buying cigars has always been to consume them (eventually).

Smoking a cigar while in too wet a state is a waste of a cigar (MHO). Smoking an acclimatized cigar when it is ready, may well be as good a cigar will ever be. One never knows.

Scratch the itch, treat yourself, and when in doubt, smoke the cigar. You are worth it! -Piggy

I think your attitude is perfect and we need constant reminders of it! Cigars enhance our enjoyment of life. We can over think it way too easily. When you take the stress you can get from worrying about opening a new box and just enjoy the gift of CC’s, it makes the experience even better! 

@Chas.Alpha how did it smoke?

I have a box of '12 Punch DC's that were near perfect in 2015, still remember how amazing each one was. They are nice now but nowhere near as good, try one, you never know.

• Like 1

I tried another one from my Jun 15 cab a couple nights ago.  It was very enjoyable with some moments of greatness, I'd say 8/10.  This one had major transitions throughout the 2 hours.  Big improvement from 3 years ago.  I remember the first couple being flat and boring.  Still the best PDC so far for me was a 2012 single I smoked around 2017.

20201230_201731.jpg.ce286bc1e9a7906a318e8ae2af5b3eeb.jpg

• Like 2